I have a problem with chain slippage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
As per the title, I've got a problem, its the same type of thing as with a pawl spring issue, apply power and the pedal slams down without engaging. Steady pedaling, steady power no issues. I've checked the pawl spring and that looks fine, changed the jockeys, it's a brand new chain and a brand new cassette. The small front ring feels a bit jagged but doesn't look overly worn, doesn't look like sharks teeth. Could it be the pawls, how quickly do they wear? Only just started in the last couple of days. Any ideas it's driving me mad?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could be the pawls. What's the wheel/hub ?

Have you reindexed after changing the cassette and chain, could be in a slightly different position causing misalignment and slippage?

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Could be the pawls. What's the wheel/hub ?
Campagnolo zonda, to be honest I had an issue a couple of months after I first got them with the pawl spring snapping, had them swapped over for a new pair. So I'm not entirely convinced that the freehub in general isn't a bit cheese like. They've probably got around 8000 miles on them.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Have you reindexed after changing the cassette and chain, could be in a slightly different position causing misalignment and slippage?
I don't think it's that, I have reindexed after renewing everything but it was smashing about before I did that, it was one of the things which made me pull my finger out and do it. The indexing is spot on.

Top Bottom