I have a sudden and strange urge to buy one of these...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
How can a Brompton be below a MTB with Nobblies? That puts a Brompton owner below every CHAV in Britain ffs. Seriously needs re-drafting. Or needs serious re-drafting. Or in serious need of a re-draft......

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
MarkF said:
Fab, buy the real deal, there are still plenty about. I am going to buy another from Spain (Spring/Summer) where prices are a fair bit lower, the Madrid Vespa's have an excellent reputation. If you want a link pm me.

Mine, bought last year for £1200, fully functional:smile:
Vespa1.jpg

I didn't like the silver wheels, so another £1200 and 6 months later I have this....:tongue:
deadvespa1small.jpg

I am in too far to stop now, a beautiful, like new, bright orange scooter should make it's appearance in March.........hopefully.

Man... that looks ace! I certainly like the link to have a look.
I just love the thought of bimbling rounsd on a Vespa/Lambretta or similar like the LML... a proper scooter, with gears and a spare wheel!

Mrs FF's just not going to go for it though... :biggrin: unless....;)

MarkF

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
Man... that looks ace! I certainly like the link to have a look.
I just love the thought of bimbling rounsd on a Vespa/Lambretta or similar like the LML... a proper scooter, with gears and a spare wheel!

Mrs FF's just not going to go for it though... :laugh: unless....:biggrin:

Tell her that insurance is £80 a year, road tax is NOTHING and you get 100mpg:biggrin: Running costs are peanuts and if you buy a Vespa, not an LML, you won't lose any money if you sell, you'll probably make some.

Noodley

FF, I followed the link and thought they looked good, then clicked on the Vespa link from the same place:

http://www.vivoscooters.co.uk/vespa_vba.html

They look even better IMO. :becool::becool:

I'm cycling in Musselburgh next weekend if you want me to pick one up for you ;) I might have to have a trip past just to press my nose against their window...

I have occasionally thought about getting a scooter - not sure how a middle aged greying bloke would look on a Vespa in rural Scotland. :blush::blush:

D

Deleted member 1258

[I have occasionally thought about getting a scooter - not sure how a middle aged greying bloke would look on a Vespa in rural Scotland. ;):blush:[/quote]

:becool: Noodley they would think you are having a mid life crisis.

MarkF

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
You mean lie? Sounds reasonable to me.

Sorry, you lost me. The scooter is my 3rd, the previous 2, I made money on, without trying, better investment than gold at the mo', are Vespas.

Noodley, I nearly bought a Vivo scooter till I found out that they were Indian, hard to tell from the site isn't it? You'd think you were buying "Roman Holiday" but in fact, you get a "Chicken Tikka".

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
I have occasionally thought about getting a scooter - not sure how a middle aged greying bloke would look on a Vespa in rural Scotland. :biggrin::blush:

... much the same as I would in rural Oxfordshire... :biggrin:

(but we'll be 'cool' on the inside :smile:)

Top Bottom