I have an embarrassing confession to make.................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
....with original features and loads of potential to create that WOW factor.
Is that WithOut Walls ?

PK99

Legendary Member
Daughter made a wonderful curry last week Patrick, all fresh ingredients and all from scratch, took her about 3 ,4 hrs of messing plus all the shopping for the stuff.
jars are ace and save a fortune, just adding a few extras is fine by me on a week night.

enjoy

Nah! The commercial pastes are just tooooo salty. Patak's OK for an emergency standby - if jazzed up with some fresh spices and coriander* form the freezer,

*I used to mulch mine down ad freeze as ice cubes, but an indian friend persuaded me yo just wash and freeze the whole bunch, works far better.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Nah! The commercial pastes are just tooooo salty. Patak's OK for an emergency standby - if jazzed up with some fresh spices and coriander* form the freezer,

*I used to mulch mine down ad freeze as ice cubes, but an indian friend persuaded me yo just wash and freeze the whole bunch, works far better.
+1 on too much salt [and sugar].

Bryony

Veteran
I'm using a jar of cooking sauce from the Co-Op tonight. In mitigation, I would say that it is Sharwood's butter chicken sauce and at quid on special offer, I was interested to see what it's like. In fact, it's pretty damn good. So, that frees me up for a bit of work on the rest of the meal. Natural yoghurt, some mint sauce and very finely sliced onion - so that's the raita. Home made onion bhargis - much better than the bought ones. Slice up lots of onion very finely. One green chilli pepper - plain flour, and stir through under a dripping tap until sticky. Then add cumin, coriander and a little lime to give it a twist. Shallow fry as flattened patties and turn them. Make sure that the mix is mainly onion - not flour, and do the bhargis a few at a time and don't let them burn.
I've had the butter chicken too and its lovely! I don't think there is anything wrong with using jars, we get them in for when me and my OH want a quick and easy meal on the days where we're both working late. I can cook up a mean curry from scratch, nothing beats a homemade curry!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That's because it's a blend of fat, sugar, and cream with a token spice or two. Junk food.
F502033-Aristocratic-Handbag.png

Top Bottom