I have joined a self defense class...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Called Commando Krav Maga...
It's a close combat system of the Israeli special forces (e.g. Sayeret, Yamam etc). There are other Krav Maga systems that are only taught to civillians and are no longer in use by the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) but I thought I would start to deal with my anger and un-spent aggression as well as get fit! The system is easy and quick to learn and is based on natural and simple movements that can be remembered - these are 'triggered' by the bodies natural reactions/responses, to attacks and threats, which means they work well under stress...apparently!!

It took a week to be able to walk up the stairs after learning how to defend myself against a knife attack last week.... but last night I 'bit the bullet' was practicing dodging a punch then putting the attaker down!! Of course this meant I too was being 'put down'...ouch!!!

I do enjoy it once I get over the first feeling of wanting to run out of the room and cry! xx(

Tinkstheminks said:
I thought I would start to deal with my anger and un-spent aggression

why so angry, tinkers? dont be angry.

Tinkstheminks said:
Called Commando Krav Maga...
It's a close combat system of the Israeli special forces (e.g. Sayeret, Yamam etc). There are other Krav Maga systems that are only taught to civillians and are no longer in use by the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) but I thought I would start to deal with my anger and un-spent aggression as well as get fit! The system is easy and quick to learn and is based on natural and simple movements that can be remembered - these are 'triggered' by the bodies natural reactions/responses, to attacks and threats, which means they work well under stress...apparently!!

It took a week to be able to walk up the stairs after learning how to defend myself against a knife attack last week.... but last night I 'bit the bullet' was practicing dodging a punch then putting the attaker down!! Of course this meant I too was being 'put down'...ouch!!!

I do enjoy it once I get over the first feeling of wanting to run out of the room and cry! xx(

Sykes and Fairbairn (who designed the WW2 commando knife) wrote a book on self defence based on their experience as police officers in the Chinese docks. Someone commented on the book and said, "the docks must have been very rough indeed."

I dread to think what you are being taught by the Isrealis. :sad:

Globalti

Legendary Member
You may be learing self-defense but here in the UK we learn self-defence. It's more effective.

frog

Good for you Tinks! Not only will it get rid of the pent up aggression but teach you some self discipline so you don't get angry, with those who try and yourself as well. It will do wonders for your self esteem. :sad:

Stick with it and, above all, enjoy yourself xx(

pzycoman

Im planning to goto a krav maga course, once my work schedule clears up, working 14 hour days isnt much fun and dosnt leave much free tiem at the moment

SamNichols

If you see any friendly cycle chatters on the street, don't think that when we're waving at you, that we're trying to attack you and then try to break our arms. That wouldn't be nice for any of the parties involved.

Seriously though, good work. I did Ninjitsu for a while, and not only does it mean that I know some brilliant pressure points (if i karate chop you on a certain part of your neck, then you'll pass out. In practice a guy did it to me so hard that I did actually fall over), but it also means that you'll feel more self-confidence on the street, and won't feel the 'urban fear' as much. That's always a plus.

Tetedelacourse

Israeli self defence?! I thought their strategy was simply to annihilate your neighbours with bombs.

I hope it's not like the crack suicide squad in Life of Brian.

Patrick Stevens said:
Sykes and Fairbairn (who designed the WW2 commando knife) wrote a book on self defence based on their experience as police officers in the Chinese docks. Someone commented on the book and said, "the docks must have been very rough indeed."

I dread to think what you are being taught by the Isrealis. xx(

Book is called "Get Tough" and is very nasty indeed.

Link to one of the pages below:

http://www.vrazvedka.ru/main/learning/ruk-b/fairbairn-01_11.shtml

col

Legendary Member
I was going to start a self defence group,The 100 metres sprint club,but couldnt find a room big enough.xx(

OP
OP
Tinkstheminks

Tinkstheminks

Patrick Stevens said:
Tinks can't hear you from behind a mound of corpses. What did you say again?

I SAID......

I feel a certain amount of confidence already....

Just very stiff and sore....

As for why I'm angry....... Feckless has been less than fair, the Social worker is going to recomend my baby goes back to him because we can't enforce any order which will actually MAKE feckless be reasonable and co-operate with shared care!!!! :smile:
SO... My 15yr old is not talking to me because his Dad gets upset everytime a letter goes throught the letter box.... :sad:
And...we are all going to a kids court to talk over his 'needs' to be heard!!! :wacko:It's madness... :eek:
He has been heard, he has gone back to his Dad's and it's up to him when, where & if he wants to see me! :smile:

SOOOOOOOOOO......... Plenty of reasons to feel angry and frustrated.:smile:

I must say there is nothing quite like throwing a 'sweaty' young man accross a mat!! I'ts just a bit off putting when he throws me too! xx(

graham56

Guru
Go for it Tinks, sounds like you`ve got more than enough anger and frustration to get rid of. Better taking it out at a controlled class than any where else.

Top Bottom