I have just been hit by an M&S lorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BTFB do get to a doctor to get the incident noted. Sometimes consequences can show up much later and leave you hurting. I hope there is nothing else wrong. Glad you're OK.

betty swollocks

large member
Glad to hear that you're ok: it must have been pretty scary.
Get yourself and the bike professionally checked out and..........
sod the hamper! Tell them to send Twiggy and the other girls round to kiss you better.
You got hurt in the groin, right?

wafflycat

What others have said. Glad you appear not to be seriously hurt, but do get yourself checked over and notes made in your medical file. Get bike properly checked over at a bike shop. Make sure M&S know of its moronic driver too.

M&S lorries, do not belong to M&S dear boy. Glad your O.k. by the way. They belong to the subcontractor dependent upon which type of merchandise is being hauled, i.e., frozen food is usually hauled by Christian Salvesen, chilled and ambient food is hauled by Gist, a division of B.O.C., and textiles is usually hauled by a division of Salvesen from a different depot to Frozen food ones.

What you should have got as well as the registration was the "BOX NO", this would have identified the supplier depot to M&S.

I suggest you go in person, or write a letter to your nearest store, logical assumption to make that that was where it was delivering, explaining the incident, and your contact and response from the Police. Address it to the Store Manager and make it clear you expect a reply, how it proceeds from there depends, but if you don't receive a reply within an acceptable period I would definetely bang a letter off to their Head Office expressing your dissappointment with their Hauliers and there local Store Manager.

Keep us up to date.

Hello, Dear Girl!!

:blush::girl::biggrin:

Things are good, I'm getting to spend a LOT more time out on my bikes. hence much less time on the old internet thingy. xx(:thumbsup:

Wifey is much improved, changed as a result of it all, but things are on the up for her, which can only be a good thing.

You sound well :biggrin:

wafflycat

Gunner Rodgers said:
Hello, Dear Girl!!

:blush::girl::biggrin:

Things are good, I'm getting to spend a LOT more time out on my bikes. hence much less time on the old internet thingy. xx(:thumbsup:

Wifey is much improved, changed as a result of it all, but things are on the up for her, which can only be a good thing.

You sound well :biggrin:

Glad things are on the up for both you and for Mrs G. You've both had a grotty time, and deserve better times ahead. Onwards & Upwards!

In my case, it's onwards & downwards due to my shrinking size - which is a good thing too :smile:

Brock

Wow, sounds scary as heck BTFB, shocking 'excuse' too. Glad you're ok.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Hello Gunner and many thanks for that info. I just called the police and told them that it could have been a subcontractor and gave them those names...they did another reg check and confirmed that it was GIST Ltd.

Again many thanks.

ash68

BTFB, just adding my good wishes, sorry to hear about your accident, pleased your ok. Agree with comments made earlier about seeing adoc and also persuing things with M&S. Take it easy for a few days mate, sounds like a very nasty incident.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Hello Gunner and many thanks for that info. I just called the police and told them that it could have been a subcontractor and gave them those names...they did another reg check and confirmed that it was GIST Ltd.

Again many thanks.

Glad I could help a fellow cyclist. :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Glad you're ok and I hope the bikes going to be allright too. I'd complain straight to Head Office and then secondly to your local store.

Top Bottom