I have the body of a Greek God*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And some photo's of me a buffo, from my rugby playing days, and occasional naked bike ride stunts, do exist I'm told.

Yet it seems some of our young folk indulge in a thing called sexting and digital photographs of them, déshabillé, circulate on the interwebs as a result. Caausing them great pain. So they say?

Why oh why?

* Σειληνός

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
* Σειληνός

...consults google...

^_^ thought it might be something like that! :cheers:

asterix

Comrade Member
I chose not to, as if accurate, it's unlikely to be work-safe or qualify for any kind of certificate that the British Board of Film Classification is remotely legally able to bestow..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
No one appears to want to answer the actual question about sexting.

I have no idea why they do it, probably because they're teenagers, and they do stupid things on teh spur of the moment, with little regard for the consequences.

Teens today grow up in a very different world and it scares the life out of me, as a Dad with two youngsters. All I can say is I'm glad that when I was a teenager cameras were all film, so you had to take it to Boots to get it developed. No one carried a camera with them on a night out so the chance of having my picture taken in a compromising position was very low, and even then there was no way of sharing it with the world. Now everyone has a camera in their pocket and a web camera in their bedrooms so the chances of doing something silly that you will regret in the morning have grown hugely.

I probably have less than 10 pictures of me during the whole of my time at University, which to some extent is a shame, but also a blessing! Most students probably have 10 pictures taken per day now.

ASC1951

Guru
I have the body of a God.
Unfortunately the God in question is Buddha.
Ahem. The Buddha was not a god, never claimed to be a god and is not regarded as a god by Buddhists. But I find that it is a good shape.

Davidc

Guru
I probably have less than 10 pictures of me during the whole of my time at University, which to some extent is a shame, but also a blessing! Most students probably have 10 pictures taken per day now.

I wouldn't have wanted some of my antics as a student photographed!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I wouldn't have wanted some of my antics as a student photographed!
That was my point, I'm glad it didnt happen, but students today are not as lucky.
They can't make their mistakes in private to be quietly forgotten about. Their photos and facebook status comments will be stored for future empoyers and even future offspring to do a quick google search.

Davidc

Guru
That was my point, I'm glad it didnt happen, but students today are not as lucky.
They can't make their mistakes in private to be quietly forgotten about. Their photos and facebook status comments will be stored for future empoyers and even future offspring to do a quick google search.
The sensible policy is to keep away from Facebook and Twitter, but I think it's a minority that do that! Even then other people's postings can be compromising.

How long before these sites go the way of Friends Reunited (or is that still around?)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
+1 to @Beebo (too long to quote) I used to work as a photoprocessor. We regularly got film strips in for printing with certain images cut or heavily scribbled out on the contact sheet with a little note saying that they'd got rid of the embarrasing ones that they didn't want anybody to see, but hadn't similarly edited the negatives.

Top Bottom