I just came home and my front door is wide open!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

A couple of years ago, we went down to the outlaws for the day. When we came home, there was a bunch of scrotes in the road by our garage and, as we pulled onto the drive, I saw that the garage door was open with the tools, motorbikes etc on full display.

First thought was that the scrotes had busted in but (luckily) the fact that they didn't run off checked my instinct to smack heads.

I told the family to stay in the car and had a quick look around the garage, and everything seemed to be where it should be. Which was nice.

So I went to talk to the scrotes and discovered that one of their motorbikes had broken down and they were trying to fix it. They were subsequently very grateful for the loan of my tools and the warm drinks we made for them but, tbh, I could have kissed them for not turning us over that day.:ohmy:

Plax

Guru
badkitty said:
Just as I left it apparently, some 3 hours ago! Oops.:ohmy::blush:

So either I live in a really nice area, or I have nothing worth stealing..:sad:

I think that wins "stupid act of the day". Anyone want to better it?

Probably not "better" but I've gone to bed with the front door wide open before now. I also regularly still forget to lock the front door before going to bed and have several times also left the keys in the front door overnight.

As for my car, I've left the window wide open for 4 days and regularly forget to lock it. I've never left my keys in there, but my dad always just leaves his van unlocked with the keys in the ignition and has never once had it nicked.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have left my car keys in my car door in the school car park on at least six occasions. The car has still been their at the end of a long day and well after the arrival of the local football clubs for training sessions after school.

I no longer panic when i can't find my car keys at work. I know where to find them.

The car - a Nissan Micra - more embarrassing for a car thief to be seen with than Kelly Osborne

Night Train

Maker of Things
I was in Asda today to pick up a hard drive freeview recorder.
As I was heading towards the check outs I was distracted (see other thread) and ended up walking straight though the security barriers, pirouetted on my heel as the alarms went off and then went back to pay for it.:ohmy:

:sad:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Reasons to be cheerful. I left my bunch of keys in our front door in an inner urban London street. Five hours later, after my OH returned, a builder who was working two doors away rang the bell and said he had seen them and returned them to her. Top man.

We have left the downstairs street door totally unlocked during a three week foreign trip, but, when it comes to stupidity, my best effort so far has been to remove the pannier and lights and leave the bike next to a street sign. Yes, I used the Gold rated D-lock, but forgot to put it round the fixed sign. Doh.

Top Bottom