1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just caught a bat!..

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Brock, 31 Jul 2007.

1. Brock

Brock Senior Member

On camera.. Just back from a little ride down to the beach to watch the sun set with an ale in the pannier and I noticed a couple of bats flitting past the back door. Managed with the aid of sheer flailing fluke to catch one as it flitted past.
    I'm quite pleased with my ninja camera skills! ;)
    Does it have a green bug in it's mouth?

Have a look

2. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Excellent ;)

3. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

L

4. on the road

on the road Über Member

Where's Dracula?;)

5. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

The "green bug" is actually its eye, the same as getting "red eye" when you take a picture of a person. Different animals have different colours of eye shine.

6. spen666

spen666 Guru

Useless bloody Jocks - no wonder you are crap at cricket- you are meant to catch the ball not the bat

;):rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

7. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

fantastic pic ;)

8. Good pic. If you're into photography, have a look at the TrekLens site. It's a photo sharing site and very good.
    We played at a festival in Leintwardine this weekend and the music was so loud we shook a bat out of its roost! I found him clinging to the wall about a foot off the ground and had to get my girlfriend to bring a box and a pippette so we could give him a drink and keep him safe until dusk. (She's a qualified bat handler, with a licence and everything.) I'd never seen one close up before. When we gave it water you could see its little mouth opening as it poked out a tiny tongue.

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Good photo Brock, for me though I'm not really a fan of bats so seeing them in a photo is as close as I want to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

They wheel around outside our house every evening catching the insects, which are attracted by the lights. Totally silent and amazingly agile. If you throw a handful of gravel up they dart towards it thinking it's insects.

11. OP
    OP
    Brock

Brock Senior Member

But...but.. I'm not a jock, I'm from Margit :biggrin:

12. OP
    OP
    Brock

Brock Senior Member

Wouldn't proper form have been to bite its head off?
    Treklens looks good, thanks RT.

13. spen666

spen666 Guru

actually after the test result yesterday I was throwing stones from inside my greenhouse

14. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Nice pic - that's great!

No doubt the bat, having been impacted with the burst of radiation from your camera, then spiralled out of control to crash land in the next tree, to rest until its senses recovered!!

15. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Great pic. Was it a digital camera?