I know I know it has been asked before...but what is the best puncture proof tyre 23c?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Hi Guys
I have this minute piece of glass stuck somewhere in my continental gatorskins! and after constantly changing the innertube and not finding the speck of glass, I am gong to invest in some new ones? So which Durano tyre should I go for? Durano Performance Folding Road Race? or Durano Plus performance?....Thanks guys and sorry for asking a question that has been asked on many an occasion...but those pun ****es are driving me mad!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Durano Plus' are very good commuting tyres, run well on the mean streets of SE London.
I ran them for a year, then switched back to my old faithful's Spesh Armadillo Elite's. 2014 and not a single puncture.

Reactions: gaz

bornagainst

Über Member
Durano Plus has always been good to me, but if you want real bomb proof tyres I've not found anything better than the Panaracer Tourguard Plus (25mm if your frame will take them) - Heavy though!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Tynan

Veteran
conti super sport plus is my current tyre, they seem to go for ever, even after the rubber is all gone they ride on the orange layer underneath

edindave

Über Member
Hi Guys
I have this minute piece of glass stuck somewhere in my continental gatorskins! and after constantly changing the innertube and not finding the speck of glass, I am gong to invest in some new ones? So which Durano tyre should I go for? Durano Performance Folding Road Race? or Durano Plus performance?....Thanks guys and sorry for asking a question that has been asked on many an occasion...but those pun ****es are driving me mad!!

Sorry if this is egg-sucking, but do you fit the tyre with the label lined up with the valve...?
... so that when you have a puncture, you can hold the tube up against the tyre and work out where the puncture occurred?
If not, it might help find the problem.

Nothing wrong with Gatorskins, I use them on cycle paths which are riddled with broken bottle glass - much worse than on roads.

rb58

Enigma
I use Gatorskins and DuranoPlus. I do get more punctures on the Gatorksins, but not so many that it bothers me (maybe 5 this year in total). Only one on the Duranos last winter.

Top Bottom