I know this is CYCLE chat but.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
6 miles on that doesn't strike me as fun

good with pot holes and bumps is it you think?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
bianco said:
On a microscooter?
I suppose they could give you a few minutes, them wheels are small, after all.

I'm often asked to take my daughter's to school when collecting her. I am, however, under no circumstances to ride it (she says) as I will break it.

Oddly enough, a young gentleman using a micro scooter passed me (I was on foot at the time) on his way to some happening or other, no doubt, this morning. I got the feeling that he was doing more of an ironic hipster thing than a fun/efficient commuting thing though.

You often see staff at airports whizzing around on the old-fashioned type of scooters, i.e. larger wheels.
They would be better and more fun, but scooting outside on tarmac isn't as good as indoors on an almost non-friction floor.

This is my favourite Scooter:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Hmmm....

Bianco.

Think about it.

Seriously.

Really seriously.

No, more seriously than that.

Seen outside.

On one of those.

Near Maltby......

Tha'd have to move to the wrong side of the Pennines to get away from the laughter!! (if you were lucky!)

OP
OP
B

bianco

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

I think I'm going to stay away from one of those toys for now.

ChrisKH

Guru
Mr Paul's right they hurt your back after a while unless you're a midget.

Personally I'd rather do it on a skateboard (long board) if I can't have a bike. But not for 6-7 miles.

Cab

Take a while to do 6 miles on one of those.

I see a few of them out and about. They look relatively hard to control. Closest encounter with one was when a stoner on one came out of a side street straight in to me, he barely even knew we were both down on the ground afterwards. So I'm probably biased against them xx(

Abitrary

Those things are only ridden around offices to the tea room by new people after about a week of being there.

To prove they can be wacky as well as new

Top Bottom