I love our kettle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
A friend of mind had one of those Quooker taps fitted. Instant boiling water. No need for a kettle. Brilliant.
Strange at first making tea straight from the tap though.

Having seen my kids defeat all sorts of child-safe locks, I would not have a Quooker tap!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My younger son has one of these fancy taps fitted. I find it a bit difficult to use but it would be possible to scald one hand while using the other to operate the thing.
OTOH you could scald yourself by spilling boiling water from a kettle.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
My younger son has one of these fancy taps fitted. I find it a bit difficult to use but it would be possible to scald one hand while using the other to operate the thing.
OTOH you could scald yourself by spilling boiling water from a kettle.

I've scalded fingers at the minute. Someone hadn't put the lid on a kettle properly. It fell off while I was pouring water into mugs. The handle was over the lid and the hot steam escaped and scalded me. The skin is just peeling off now three weeks later.

I'll now check that kettle before I use it!

Chief Broom

Veteran
I wish i had a gas cooker, would use my old red camping kettle :okay:
DSCF3761.JPG

Mike_P

Guru
Current kettle was a emergency Sunday afternoon purchase from Aldi. Stainless steel and has a relatively small footprint, but no prizewinner in the level of noise - at least I known it's working. The previous branded one was also stainless steel; a warranty replacement for the original whose lid had stopped popping up. The switch snapped off, now out of warranty. Having still got the original I thought of using the switch from that one. That was until taking one of them apart I found the most Heath Robinson arrangement inside and went no further.

It's the most energy efficient way to boil water. They did a comparison of boiling a set amount of water starting at the same temperature and compared electric kettle / traditional kettle on gas hob / jug in microave and worked out the amount of energy required by each method.
We've got a Dualit electric kettle and It has been giving sterling service for years.

Ive been out of the house 18 years but I was always telling my parents that before I moved out and whenever I visit they are still filling a full kettle though 🙄

stephec

Legendary Member
Pah! New-fangled rubbish.

View attachment 712499

I didn't know that you'd been to visit @welsh dragon , was her cauldron just out of shot? 😂

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I think I might have the same "quiet" Russel Hobbs model.
I've got one of those. Ticked all the boxes of being reasonably light without being made of nasty plastic. It's suprisingly quieter than other kettles.

A previous kettle was a freebie from Smeg. It's bloated shape, size and styling was on the vulgar side of ostentatious (I prefer understated elegance) and it weighed too much for my wife (she has joint problems). A local charity shop was very pleased to receive the kettle.

It's getting on for two years old and hasn't leaked yet but it's not as quiet as it used to be.
Descale?

Top Bottom