I love the new helmet debates forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
It has allowed me to completely ignore the circular arguments that occur and just encourage the normal extremists to spout off.

So I was thinking what other sub forums should we suggest

"Shimano or Campag debates" is my suggestion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Helmet threads cure insomnia. Don't knock them, head on or tangentially.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Nah, its been ages since those misguided eyetye lovers tried to convince everyone that their overpriced groupset was superior :evil:

How about a corral where we can wall up anyone daft enough to buy a Brookes saddle.

byegad

Legendary Member
How about a section for those riders who have a completely worn out component and need reassurance that, either continuing to use it will not be unsafe, or riding to the local shop will likely result in a horrible and protracted death?

asterix

Comrade Member
How about a section for those riders who have a completely worn out component and need reassurance that, either continuing to use it will not be unsafe, or riding to the local shop will likely result in a horrible and protracted death?

You mean..

I have this bidon cage on my bike. It's mostly coated in black plastic but the bit in contact with the bottle has worn down to the metal. What effect will it have on my bike's handling, especially down hill and on corners? Should I get my LBS to completely replace it or would recoating be a satisfactory and safe alternative?

Mark_Robson

I think that a forum for people to discuss the merits of cycling on the pavement whilst wearing an iPod would be interesting. We could also have a sub forum for people who only ride on the pavement wearing an iPod to avoid red lights and traffic jams. :thumbsup:

byegad

Legendary Member
You mean..

I have this bidon cage on my bike. It's mostly coated in black plastic but the bit in contact with the bottle has worn down to the metal. What effect will it have on my bike's handling, especially down hill and on corners? Should I get my LBS to completely replace it or would recoating be a satisfactory and safe alternative?

No I was meaning more like.

'I have a cut through the rubber and some of the cordage in the sidewall of my tyre such that it bulges by nearly an inch. Also there is a patch or two of cord showing through the tread area. Will it be OK for my planned tour of Belarus or should I buy a new tyre.'

Followed by ten comments that say it'll be fine and three saying scrap it and finally a comment from a skinflint who says,

'Until it's running on the inner tube and a couple of extra patches won't hold I won't consider replacing a tyre, after all my last one cost me £1 10s 6d in 1963.'

pepecat

No I was meaning more like.

'I have a cut through the rubber and some of the cordage in the sidewall of my tyre such that it bulges by nearly an inch. Also there is a patch or two of cord showing through the tread area. Will it be OK for my planned tour of Belarus or should I buy a new tyre.'

Followed by ten comments that say it'll be fine and three saying scrap it and finally a comment from a skinflint who says,

'Until it's running on the inner tube and a couple of extra patches won't hold I won't consider replacing a tyre, after all my last one cost me £1 10s 6d in 1963.'

Much laughter!! :biggrin:

I think that a forum for people to discuss the merits of cycling on the pavement whilst wearing an iPod would be interesting. We could also have a sub forum for people who only ride on the pavement wearing an iPod to avoid red lights and traffic jams. :thumbsup:

May I point out that this post is inappropriate as it highlights an Apple product - are you deliberately excluding the Windoze Windows options?

What about the comparison of the use of Apple / Windows based MP3 players in these circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom