I may have gone over the top a bit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am just doing a bit of late night browsing to make myself a range of commuting bikes which I am interested in. Unfortunately there are so many bikes out there that I find myself having 110 bikes to choose from within my price range (<600)!
I am going to be filtering through them and getting rid of the ones which are wrong for me or I just dont like the look of.

God, I can't make my mind up on which bike to ride tomorrow and I've only got two!

Here's hoping you're not so indecisive.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Here's hoping you're not so indecisive.
Well I have got a few very good lokking bikes on my list. The problem that I have got is "Do I go for a more expensive one just for the looks?" or "Do I go for a cheaper one as I will have more money for parts and accessories?".
I need to buy a pannier (some come with a rack) and other bits for the bike as well which will add another £100/£150 onto the price.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I know you should have the weight on the bike and not your back, but I find a good fitted rucksack better on journeys under 10 miles

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I know you should have the weight on the bike and not your back, but I find a good fitted rucksack better on journeys under 10 miles
My journey is about 17 miles. TBH All I would need for the pannier rack is one of theose bags which goes straight on the top. I wouldnt need a whole pannier set.

Top Bottom