I may have gone too far....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I can never remember my daughter's friends names, so I give them nicknames that are easy for me to remember. The chubby one is now Slim, the blond on is The Milky Bar Kid, the bearded on Teen Wolf. You get the idea.

She's now dating a semi professional rugby player, a nice lad. A few weeks ago he came by with a friend called Greg, who I instantly nicknamed Gaylord after the Fokkers movies. However, all his mate have latched on to it and reports are getting back to me that during one recent rugby match the crowd were screaming "GAYLORD!" Whenever he got the ball. Oops!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
How not to win friends and influence people maybe. I bet you're popular now, especially with youre daughter:laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Could be worse...he could have had a football crowed shouting at him..
i like nick names as im terrible at remembering names after just one or two times of hearing them.

winjim

Smash the cistern
He doesn't live in Denver CO by any chance?
IMG_0372.JPG

postman

Legendary Member
I heard the best one on Sunday.In the Church service,we were asked did we have nicknames in school or Uni.So one guy offered up his.Snatch- why because he stole his best mates girlfriend off him.Another a blonde girl,she was in Newcastle at Uni when Keegan was in charge.It was the time when men and women both had perms.Trouble is,it seemed to rain a great deal in Newcastle and her hair was always fuzzy as she called it.Her mates called her Kev.She hated it.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
There was one lad at school who had a stale wee smell about him, he ended up nicknamed Penis.

A few years after school I bumped into him totally out of the blue at a party in the town he had moved to. I was drunk and could not remember his real name for love or money, he was not amused at my yelling his nickname loudly across the room at him in front of his new friends until he finally acknowledged me and then chucked me out.

Can't say I blame him really.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
There was one lad at school who had a stale wee smell about him, he ended up nicknamed Penis.

A few years after school I bumped into him totally out of the blue at a party in the town he had moved to. I was drunk and could not remember his real name for love or money, he was not amused at my yelling his nickname loudly across the room at him in front of his new friends until he finally acknowledged me and then chucked me out.

Can't say I blame him really.
Penis turned out to be a tosser then....

Top Bottom