I must be mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heifer73

Hi

I walked home from work today, just to see if I could, it took two and half hour's, not sure of the mileage.

I think I have earned a Latte tomorrow.

I will be out on the bike tomorrow and out with the rambling group on Sunday, so I must be on the mend from my operation.

I used to quite often walk the 5 miles to work and home again. Most of the staff where I worked had already reached the conclusion I was mad. Then I started to cycle in, and made my journey even longer deliberately. that just confirmed their suspicions though I never saw any (wo/)men in white coats hiding behind doors watching me (except when I was in the Chemistry or Biology Labs...) :whistle:.

It was actually quicker to walk to and from work than wait for the bus because my nearest bus stop was a good half hours walk away - roughly 2.5 miles and then wait for the next bus to take you the next 2.5 miles and there was only one bus an hour on that route - my own road only had 2 buses a day and I didn't live near a bus stop...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hi

I walked home from work today, just to see if I could, it took two and half hour's, not sure of the mileage.

I think I have earned a Latte tomorrow.

I will be out on the bike tomorrow and out with the rambling group on Sunday, so I must be on the mend from my operation.

I've walked to work a few times, takes about three hours. It's nice in the early spring, start off in the dark and walk through sunrise, I can do 90% of the route off-road. Gives me some time to think (when cycling all I have in my mind is old advertising jingles and stupid pop songs, which I why I need to use my iPod to burn that stuff out with free jazz). Always buy a croissant at the bakery about a mile from work afterwards.

Top Bottom