I need a job, EMPLOY ME

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Agreed.
Mathew, are you sending CV's, sending in application forms or letters? Is there anything the scribes can do here to make your words/layout more impactful and get you noticed?
I've seen a lot of good ideas from this forum's bright sparks.
I am sending CV's accompanied by a Cover letter most of the time.
I would prefer not to post them on here but I have had plenty of help from my mother who has had many jobs and clearly knows what she is doing.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I would prefer not to post them on here but I have had plenty of help from my mother who has had many jobs and clearly knows what she is doing.
That's fine, but there are some HR people here who might have some good tips. You don't have to post your details, but maybe a seperate post asking for hints/tips to get your application noticed.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Good move. I did this about 8 years ago when I first got my HGV licence. Went through yell.com for transport/haulage companies within a 30 mile radius, and sent off about 50 CVs with covering letters to any company I thought might possess a lorry. I got lucky and worked for a decent haulage company at Glasgow airport, full time for 6 years until redundancy came along. That was pre recession, though.

Top Bottom