I need a new back wheel !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Blackpool took it toll on my "made of cheese" wheel (Omega Mach) I have £90 for a new one (Road Bike Wheel), dont mind buying off ebay, will need to hold 20 stone, whats your suggestions please ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What exactly is wrong with your wheel? Do you need an entire new wheel?

I read some good things about some Hope wheels that werent too expensive. Cant remember the model though, they were reviewed in a C+ mag about 3-4 months ago, they were white.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Rob3rt said:
What exactly is wrong with your wheel? Do you need an entire new wheel?

I read some good things about some Hope wheels that werent too expensive. Cant remember the model though, they were reviewed in a C+ mag about 3-4 months ago, they were white.

I have gone through about 8 spokes in the last 3 weeks, granted I ride about 120-140 miles per week, but even the chap Mavic Open Sport lasted 9 months between spokes, I have some $'s so I want a stronger set.

battered

Guru
I too might recommend a handbuilt. You're a big guy, you are putting some power down and you need 36 spoke proper jobs. A decent builder might well be able to reuse the hub if it's good, thus saving a few bob.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
MacB said:
A handbuilt from Spa Cycles could fit the bill, ig you call them they're really helpful.

A Rigida Chrina has just been ordered, thanks

Top Bottom