I need a new floor pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamis Jim

I have just binned a floor pump which kept wrecking my valves. I would really appreciate some help if anyone could name a good floor pump that does the job without wrecking valves!
angry.gif

I'd heard some good about the Topeak Joe Blow Turbo - anyone got one - what's the verdict?

Thanks

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've hard good things about Joe Blow too, but haven't used one myself. Mine's nothing special - wooden handles, gauge, long hose, plates to put your feet on. Does the job and has lasted me about 7 years without issues. I don't think it even has the brand name on it!

Fattman

I've got the Topeak Joe Blow Sport which has the same valve attachment thingy. Always been excellent, especially so once you work out which way round you have to push the little lever before mounting it to the valve (pointing towards the valve, as it happens). It works on a rim/valve combo I've got where there's only ~12mm of the valve body available, the lever acts as a pressure-release for getting it off, and it grips quite nicely on the valve. And of course it works with Presta/Schrader with no fannying around. Very happy with mine, especially at the price.

Looking at the Sprint, it's got some extra features (handle lock, top-mounted guage for those short-sighted moments and a 'pressure release button' according to Wiggle) which may well be worth the extra fiver over the Sport.

Matt

OP
OP
Jamis Jim

Jamis Jim

Thanks benb - if its not broken............

Thanks Matt, that's a great help and gives me confidence in buying one - I like the sound of being able to release pressure with the pump attached - anything to reduce risk of snapping valves!

Jim
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom