I need a new hobby.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 27 Aug 2007.

1. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I think I take cycling too seriously. This weekend Bags and I have been mostly knocking out the old fireplace in our new house. As I carted away a barrow load of rubble I found myself thinking 'Great, I've just made the house lighter!'
    Fool...;)

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Now that is funny, although I can't really think of a comment to say for the advantage of a lighter house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. rikki

rikki Veteran

And you should be able to ride it up hills quicker

[Why isn't there a smiley panting exhaustedly .. from riding their house up a hill?]

4. Removing the fireplace can only mean one thing.

...coalnowgo?

5. longers

longers Veteran

;) Thanks Chuffy, muesli everywhere!

6. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

You know when you're a serious cyclist? When you rip the fireplace out and replace it with a Sheffield stand.

7. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Guru

I wouldn't install a carbon fibre fireplace if I were you ;)

8. OP
    OP
    Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Heh....
    The house already has plenty of carbon and it's already on top of a hill. I'm not sure if it's fixed though. Maybe I need a cast iron Victorian house freewheel?
    To the salvage yard, post haste!

Oh very good Aperitif, very good....;)

9. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Anyone else familiar with this as the old euphemism for a lady's part which is unkempt and/ or unruly?

e.g. she had a chuff like a ripped out fireplace, I didn't know where to begin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice