1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new hobby.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 27 Aug 2007.

1. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I think I take cycling too seriously. This weekend Bags and I have been mostly knocking out the old fireplace in our new house. As I carted away a barrow load of rubble I found myself thinking 'Great, I've just made the house lighter!'
    Fool...;)

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Now that is funny, although I can't really think of a comment to say for the advantage of a lighter house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. rikki

rikki Veteran

And you should be able to ride it up hills quicker

[Why isn't there a smiley panting exhaustedly .. from riding their house up a hill?]

4. Removing the fireplace can only mean one thing.

...coalnowgo?

5. longers

longers Veteran

;) Thanks Chuffy, muesli everywhere!

6. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

You know when you're a serious cyclist? When you rip the fireplace out and replace it with a Sheffield stand.

7. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

I wouldn't install a carbon fibre fireplace if I were you ;)

8. OP
    OP
    Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Heh....
    The house already has plenty of carbon and it's already on top of a hill. I'm not sure if it's fixed though. Maybe I need a cast iron Victorian house freewheel?
    To the salvage yard, post haste!

Oh very good Aperitif, very good....;)

9. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Anyone else familiar with this as the old euphemism for a lady's part which is unkempt and/ or unruly?

e.g. she had a chuff like a ripped out fireplace, I didn't know where to begin.