I need a new job

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Dont get me wrong I love my job, I am a classroom trainer, but damm I really want to train people in losing weight/cycling etc anyone know of any jobs going ? :smile: Working with obese people seems to be my vocation, but I just dont seem to be able to find the start path !!!

Gaz

Wigsie

Nincompoop
That sounds like the sort of thing you would need to set up yourself, Become a sort of motivational speaker, running sessions with people they attend once a month or once a fortnight setting them goals and keeping them motivated etc

What you have done is amazing and many people will look at what you have acomplished and think the battle they have is not even half that of yours.

£10 a session
10 people a session
1 session an evening
= £500 a week

buggi

Bird Saviour
i would think that you would need to start by getting some kind of qualification in fitness/personal training. Then you would set up your own business from there. I think you would need the qualification to be able to get insurance (which would be essential if you are going to run a business) so if i were you i would contact maybe someone like Learn Direct to see what courses they run. You would probably be able to do the course from home. or contact your local colleges.

Then you could set up your own personal training website and maybe contact some slimming companies to see if they need any motivational speakers, and offer your services to them. Every year my company do a shape up challenge and i bet they would just love someone like you to come along and give a talk.

You could even do a DVD that you could sell.

DappaDonDave

Why not try and become a project lead in a cycletown project, then you can try and make an entire town/city fit...not just a few people!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Wigsie said:
That sounds like the sort of thing you would need to set up yourself, Become a sort of motivational speaker, running sessions with people they attend once a month or once a fortnight setting them goals and keeping them motivated etc

What you have done is amazing and many people will look at what you have acomplished and think the battle they have is not even half that of yours.

£10 a session
10 people a session
1 session an evening
= £500 a week

Actually thats sothing I never thought of and while I'm not in it for te money, everyone needs a income, I think I will investigate yor idea furher, cheers

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
buggi said:
i would think that you would need to start by getting some kind of qualification in fitness/personal training. Then you would set up your own business from there. I think you would need the qualification to be able to get insurance (which would be essential if you are going to run a business) so if i were you i would contact maybe someone like Learn Direct to see what courses they run. You would probably be able to do the course from home. or contact your local colleges.

Then you could set up your own personal training website and maybe contact some slimming companies to see if they need any motivational speakers, and offer your services to them. Every year my company do a shape up challenge and i bet they would just love someone like you to come along and give a talk.

You could even do a DVD that you could sell.

More ideas that I had never thought of, thank you, I might start with a taster email to a few of the bigger companys in Manchester and see what results its brings ;)

Thanks

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Randochap said:
It's called "addictions counselling."

Thats a pretty simplistic view IMHO

Crankarm

Guru
What you've achieved is nothing short of amazing, but 20st 6lbs is still some weight. How's the eating and exercise regime going just now? I would cautiously suggest that the ideal wieght for an adult male is 11 -16 stone depending on height. So a bit to go yet.

Are you just cycling or running and swimming as well?

Not picking holes just trying to find out what your idea of your ideal weight is.

Keep up the good work.

Do the motivational speaking bit to companies and organisations who I suspect would pay quite well which would mean you would have to be self employed. Call centres are a good place as there are lot of fat people there. Well there were in the one in which I worked. TBH it was horrible to work there.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Crankarm said:
What you've achieved is nothing short of amazing, but 20st 6lbs is still some weight. How's the eating and exercise regime going just now? I would cautiously suggest that the ideal wieght for an adult male is 11 -16 stone depending on height. So a bit to go yet.

Are you just cycling or running and swimming as well?

Not picking holes just trying to find out what your idea of your ideal weight is.

Keep up the good work.

Do the motivational speaking bit to companies and organisations who I suspect would pay quite well which would mean you would have to be self employed. Call centres are a good place as there are lot of fat people there. Well there were in the one in which I worked. TBH it was horrible to work there.

My ideal is 15-16stone as im 6ft 4", my Doc has said I have at least 4 stone in skin that needs to be removed ! While that will happen in the next 12 or so months, I fully intend to push on and lose as much as I can before then, including 4lbs this week :biggrin:

I am running as well as cycling yes.

Thanks for the sggestions , I will investigate .

DavieB

MIA
gb155 said:
My ideal is 15-16stone as im 6ft 4", my Doc has said I have at least 4 stone in skin that needs to be removed ! While that will happen in the next 12 or so months, I fully intend to push on and lose as much as I can before then, including 4lbs this week :blush:

I am running as well as cycling yes.

Thanks for the sggestions , I will investigate .

I imagine there will be a couple of months off cycling after that op :biggrin:.

Top Bottom