I need a reason for a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Modern doitall bikes are called, variously cx, touring, gravel, adventure and probably some other marketing names.
The key features are that it is a drop bar road bike with very generous tyre clearance for tracks and trails. Ideally fitted with low gears, rack and mudguard eyelets and chainstay mounted disk brake. Some versions seem to have excessive tyre clearance.
For riders who have no racing pretensions they are a sound choice.

So, can I be cheeky and say that sounds just like my 90's MTB with drop bars?

My ‘go to’ bike, is still an old Triban 520, from 2015. I’ve upgraded various bits, and it still ticks all the boxes I need it to. I’ve been sorely tempted to buy a Carlos fandango super mega bike. I even went as far as ordering a couple ( then saw sense, and cancelled ). The thing is, I know I’d get used to the Carlos fandango bike pretty quickly, and then have a 10 grand + bike, that really doesn’t do 10 grand’s worth more than the old faithful. However, if you want it, do it, life’s too short.

You're doing something you enjoy - it might be a tad more enjoyable on a newer bike ....

I share a car - so that s half the justification for me " ah but we only have 1 car "...

Top Bottom