I need a screw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
All the dome/button headed Allen screws I find online have stupidly shallow heads and are easy to round off.
The ones I need really are like the one on the right, but I can't seem to source them. This one was fitted to my Dawes Vantage when I bought it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I really hate the standard socket type bolts.

IMG_20190515_204750.jpg

midlife

Guru
Is it a front mech mounting bolt?

Are your allen keys flat-tipped or ball-tipped. The latter routinely rounds off bolts. Allen keys need to be good quality and replaced as soon as they've slipped a few times in a bolt. If you have a bench grinder, you could just grind them down 'till they're "sharp" again. No allen key below 4mm should have a ball tip. Grind them off.

classic33

Leg End Member
All the dome/button headed Allen screws I find online have stupidly shallow heads and are easy to round off.
The ones I need really are like the one on the right, but I can't seem to source them. This one was fitted to my Dawes Vantage when I bought it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I really hate the standard socket type bolts.

View attachment 466651
What size?

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm looking to replace the lot. M4, M5 & M6.

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Square ended on the short shaft and ball tip on the long shaft.
They're not stupidly worn but the edges are softer than when new.

And I've just noticed this!

IMG_20190515_221129.jpg

That same chamfering was present right across the allen key range on my multitool.
What kind of peanut does that! Doh!
Ground down now.
Other allen keys also sharpened. We shall see.

Top Bottom