I Need a Teapot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Plax said:
Wow, that's a lot of tea pots to choose from! Do you think Arch would knit me a guinea pig tea pot cosy ;).

I suspect she probably would! You cold drop her a PM when she gets back from forrin parts.

Plax said:
What keeps the tea warmer, do both ceramic & stainless steel do the job equally well?

IMHO the ceramic sort keep tea warmer longer. Woolies have them reasonably cheaply, or they did last time I was in. The steel sort always seem to dribble and drip in a most unseemly manner.

Plax said:
I'm veering towards the stainless steel type in case I drop it, the ceramic type wouldn't fare too well against the kitchen tiles I'd not have thought :biggrin:

Can I suggest not dropping it?:thumbsup:

wafflycat

Plax said:
So that's when you have that sieve thing and use leafs instead of bags?

Leaf tea is the best to use for a decent cup of tea. If you don't go the cafetiere method, you need some sort of straining device to stop the tealeaves ending up in your cup. Example

wafflycat

TheDoctor said:
IMHO the ceramic sort keep tea warmer longer. Woolies have them reasonably cheaply, or they did last time I was in. The steel sort always seem to dribble and drip in a most unseemly manner.

OOOH! Smut opportunity!

*snork*
*chortle*

Milo

Guru
I feel so used...
:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
There are several in my house, a couple of antique ones that rarely get used, and two different sized porcelain ones for every day use.

Have a quick browse on eBay in the antiques section and you might just find something quite original and perfect for you instead of a more run of the mill Woolies/Ikea special. The prices tend to be fairly low too unless it is something very special.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Trust the usual suspects to send the thread down the spout xx(

Ok, I'm bought on the idea of a ceramic teapot. I happened to mention it at morning break today and ceremic was the winner. Apparently stainless steel ones are cheap, don't make as nice a cup of tea and dribble ;).
When I mentioned the tea cosy I was accused of being an old granny and asked if I also have a cosy for my toilet rolls.

domtyler

Über Member
Plax said:
Trust the usual suspects to send the thread down the spout :blush:

Ok, I'm bought on the idea of a ceramic teapot. I happened to mention it at morning break today and ceremic was the winner. Apparently stainless steel ones are cheap, don't make as nice a cup of tea and dribble xx(.
When I mentioned the tea cosy I was accused of being an old granny and asked if I also have a cosy for my toilet rolls.

Well? ;)

Top Bottom