I Need a Teapot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat said:
... one with a cheap version of a Sindy Doll in the middle & the loo roll is hidden by a crochet crinoline :blush:

You too huh? xx(;):tongue:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm a civil servant. We have to uphold certain traditions, you know, tea being one of them.

Here is my office teapot.
BILD0037.jpg
As you see, I favour the ceramic model. I also work in the field much of the time, where I feel a Woolworth's stainless steel model is more appropriate. (I actually have a brewing-up kit that travels in my truck containing all of life's necessities. Tea-wise, anyway).

Until recently, this was my improvised tea cosy. Effective, cheap, and it avoids all those "granny" jibes. Lacks style, though:
BILD0036.jpg

Arch to the rescue! Moaning on here recently that she'd run out of things to knit, she opened herself to a flood of requests for knitted things, some of them more sensible and practical than others... However, tea cosies don't take long to make and we are geographically close, so:
BILD0044.jpg

The missus plays the fiddle, and Arch obliged here too:
BILD0045.jpg

For tea cosies, you're in the right place.

HelenD123

Guru
Wow! Arch definitely has a talent for the knitting. Me on the other hand can't even knit a scarf without it having holes all over the place so I gave up on it years ago.

Plax said:
Trust the usual suspects to send the thread down the spout ;)

Ok, I'm bought on the idea of a ceramic teapot. I happened to mention it at morning break today and ceremic was the winner. Apparently stainless steel ones are cheap, don't make as nice a cup of tea and dribble ;).
When I mentioned the tea cosy I was accused of being an old granny and asked if I also have a cosy for my toilet rolls.

Well? ;)

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Dayvo said:

I'm a good few decades from retirement age, sorry;)

Wow Uncle Phil, Arch really has done you some good tea cosys!

I've been looking at teapots on ebay and I quite like some of the ones by Arthur Wood.

Top Bottom