I need an email (address)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I use Fasthosts - nope not free, but get fully hosted mail for £14.99 and can use any .com etc type name that's not taken if you register a domain (which I did years ago for mail as I was switching ISP providers).

Can use it with outlook etc and also access via web portal - they even offer exchange mailboxes for those in business.

G-Mail it has to be for free though, especially if you move ISP's.

Carwash

Señor Member
Arch said:
Is there one?

Not to my knowledge (but I'm not a Gmail user). The only one I can think of is that Google, who make their money through targeted advertising, collect information about you and everyone you communicate with.

davidwalton

Buy the registration for your own domain from http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ for around £3 a year (MyDomain.me.uk), and then have the domain hosted. At less than £25 a year, you get anything from 5 to loads of email accounts you can setup and use, and you never have to rely on someone else's free service that stops for any reason and prevents emails from getting through, plus you get to have a site you can play with and setup your own stuff.

The whole family have email accounts for the domain I have.

My host is http://www.eukhost.com/cpanel-web-hosting.php at £23 per year. Provides PHP/CGI/MySQL, so can even start your own forum or professional looking blog.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I've got googlemail and hotmail. On hotmail i dont have much junk, i've got the spam setting turned up full, but on googlemail i got loads about a paypal account i have, but dont have being hacked and stuff.
Googlemail is nice though, dont understand the invites now, but i have 100.

Dave5N

Über Member
I could let you have yenrod@dave5n.net

<imagine there is the smilie wink here>

It would cost you three supportive posts a year, submitted when I choose.

Odyssey

Joe24 said:
I've got googlemail and hotmail. On hotmail i dont have much junk, i've got the spam setting turned up full, but on googlemail i got loads about a paypal account i have, but dont have being hacked and stuff.
Googlemail is nice though, dont understand the invites now, but i have 100.

I don't use my hotmail account much (partly because it dislikes anything other than Internet Explorer and most often fails to open at all) so I don't get spam with that anyway really. But over the years that I've used Gmail I could count the amount of spam emails that have made it into my inbox (rather than the spam folder, which fills up daily) on one hand.

Top Bottom