I need an update on best cordless vacuum cleaners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
I see James Dyson is now at the top of the Sunday Times rich list. He's worth over 16 billion apparently.
The suckers have put him there.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My partner has the Gtech air ram - £200. It's ok. nice and light, it has LED lights on the front which is a nice touch. It's not super powerful but ok on carpets and of course fine on hard floor. The rotating brush is powerful given that it's a cordless.

To give you another perspective, I bought a (can't remember the make) cordless one off ebay, it was about £52 after the offers were applied. it's ok - it is very light, very easy to empty, charges quite quickly and I've done the whole house before on a single charge. The downside is that the rotating brushes aren't that good, and struggle in a heavier pile carpet. Also it's back-heavy, as the motor is at the back. This makes the head very light if youdon't angle it down. These very light machines are often too light for their own good sometimes. But it does me.

I find with the lighter weight cordless vacuums, your habits chnage. They are easier to get in/out of the cupboard so tend to be used little and often. Whereas my corded one is a monster, will suck up a phone charger and rap it round the brush if you're not careful. But it is very heavy for everyday use. As said above, to get the best of both worlds I think you need to go really expensive like a Dyson.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
What is up with a dustpan and brush, just getting that in before the must have more money than sense crew get here.
Those mats over the washing line won't beat themselves.

byegad

Legendary Member
We bought the G-tek twin deal. You get an upright plus a handheld for stairs and the like. They use different batteries but, as the upright cleans all of our 4 bedroom house with charge to spare, you don't need a spare battery. I like the easy 'push to empty' feature and really like the way you can quickly disassemble the beater to get long hair and thread off before it jams the bearings. (I've lost count of the number of cleaners that have died in our house due to the beater bearings melting, because they were service unfriendly!)
We've had them over a year and would buy again if they were stolen.

AidenL

I have read several reviews that say they too heavy.....any thoughts on thats ?
Its very slightly top heavy, but for me, it’s far from hard to manage. Same with my wife, and shes 8 and a half stone and slim build, haven’t heard her complain. It’s a powerful motor so has a bit of weight. The Miele lets you slide the motor lower to lower the centre of gravity. In overall terms, it feels light to me.

i like Miele but I think a V11 Dyson might just have an edge. Our corded Miele is excellent though too.m

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its very slightly top heavy, but for me, it’s far from hard to manage. Same with my wife, and shes 8 and a half stone and slim build, haven’t heard her complain. It’s a powerful motor so has a bit of weight. The Miele lets you slide the motor lower to lower the centre of gravity. In overall terms, it feels light to me.

i like Miele but I think a V11 Dyson might just have an edge. Our corded Miele is excellent though too.m
We think we are going for the V11. It can't be as heavy as our 8 year old+ corded Dyson.
We are both on the wrong side of 70 and MrsD has the bad back but it sounds manageable.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

Top Bottom