I need more speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would put the bar a wee bit lower (around20-22mph) but I agree with the principle.

That puts it just about in my range. Still if a jobs worth doing its worth doing it proper and get disc wheels. Ironically there would be nowhere to put the speedo magnet. (my one connects to the spokes).

second thread revival of the night - what's going on..?

The search function. It is a common gripe on internet forums about people creating new topics rather than using their forums search function. I tend to search for threads on certain subjects rather than post in the most recent ones.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Wow - I wish I was this fit now!

I got dropped after about just 10 miles last night - it's not the first time, and it won't be the last! A quick look at my miles log shows most of Feb and the whole of March was a write off due to illness (as much as I'd like to use this as an excuse....) anyway, after 26 miles my ave speed was 19.1 mph. On the one hand, I happy that this is my fastest ride of year, but there again I'm a bit frustrated with my lack of speed.

I've had about six weeks of uninterupted riding, I'm comfortable doing about 180 - 200 miles /week. There's a local loop (26 miles) I ride hard once/week, and my time is improving on that. A week goes something like this:

Sat: group ride, fastish.
Sun:30-35 miles, steady pace.
Mon:26 mile fast (or 40 -45).
Tue: gentle ride(15-20 miles)
Wed:Club run.
Thu:40
Fri:Off/10-15 miles gentle.

If I'm going to miss the club run, I'll do a longer ride on the Mon, and the fast (for me!!) loop on the Wed. Also I'd rather do 10-15 slow than have a day off completely.

I enjoy going out for 40 miles or so, but writing that out, maybe I need to do more specific speed work?

Any fit/fast/knowledgeable people care to offer any advice?

Cheers.

Michael
Ruptured my achilies in Jan 2011, ridden approx 80 miles in total since, surgeon has just agreed to operate.

Top Bottom