I need new shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Endura have replied thus:

"Thanks for email and previous Endura purchase
We have a brand new MTR Spray Bibshort coming out for AW18 information attached
Dealers should have stock around September.

Kind regards
Linda Burnett
Endura Ltd"

And these are the shorts they suggest (no price mentioned but I'd expect between £50-70). I'd rather not have bibshorts so I'll keep looking.

mt500 spray bibshort .gif

Crankarm

Guru
I had some MT500 tights that were brilliant as well. They eventually fell apart after 10 years. The material was quite thick and definitely more suited to colder or indeed winter riding. I couldn't have ridden with them in warmer weather. I couldn't find a direct replacement so went with similar Endura bib tights which are also comfortable. Time will tell whether they are similarly durable. Although one of the pairs the pad has twisted itself and cannot be righted so this pair will have to go back. I bought two pairs. Endura on the whole still do good stuff and a good price point. Also worth checking is Decathlon. Their cycle shorts and tights are good. I have a few pairs of each, quite a few pairs actually.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Is there a rule that you can't wear Lycra on MTB? My Muddyfox bib shorts are Lycra
No but shorts marketed as MTB are usually of the baggy variety. The OP states MTB shorts hence my assumption esp as Endura also do MT 500 baggies

Wear what you want on the bike whatever sort it might benand whatever sort of riding you do. You may choose to wear a dress on a road bike if you like, indeed @jefmcg frequently does

vickster

Legendary Member
They were THESE heavy duty MT500 lycra type ... (Bloody confusing of Endura though to stick with the same name for a different product!)
Indeed!

Top Bottom