I need to stop.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadaboot27

I really need to slow down on my bike buying! I've got more than I can manage at once and I'm running out of space! But when I find lovely bikes like this one I just can't help myself! This is a Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix. The owner said it was from 1961 or 62 and he owned it from new. I might have to break my rule of only buying pre 60's bikes this time because this one is stunning! The paint and decals are in great condition and this will clean up really nicely! I also now have both versions of this as I have the Rudge equivalent too.

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Very nice @shadaboot27

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Ticks all the boxes for me, I love the 'agricultural' Benelux rod front changer, they take a bit of getting used to! Lovin' those frame graphics.

rhm

Lovely! It might be as early as 1958. They were supposed to have GB Sport brakes in that year, but I've seen another that was supposed to be a '58 that had the Weinmann brakes like yours. As you know, there may be a date on the underside of the saddle cantle plate; not all Brooks saddles had dates, but on Swallows of that period they are common.

Top Bottom