I never believed you used to be a triathlete until today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
What distance did you do 20"?

Since I packed up smoking, I've kept fancying doing the sprint distance, just to say I've done it!

Used to provide safety cover at the swimming section of the one held at Rother valley.

There was one guy who needed glasses, but couldn't wear them to swim. He was stronger on his right that his left. If I hadn't been paddling the kayak 18" from his side, to guide him, he'd still be swimming in circles today!

OP
OP
T
gambatte said:
What distance did you do 20"?

Since I packed up smoking, I've kept fancying doing the sprint distance, just to say I've done it!

Used to provide safety cover at the swimming section of the one held at Rother valley.

There was one guy who needed glasses, but couldn't wear them to swim. He was stronger on his right that his left. If I hadn't been paddling the kayak 18" from his side, to guide him, he'd still be swimming in circles today!
;):biggrin::biggrin:

Olympic. Don't bother with sprint, it's for 14 year olds. Give it a go. If you're over 5' 10" and under 90kg, I can lend you a wetsuit.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Twenty Inch said:
;):biggrin::biggrin:

Olympic. Don't bother with sprint, it's for 14 year olds. Give it a go. If you're over 5' 10" and under 90kg, I can lend you a wetsuit.

There were plenty over 14, infact that guy was probably 50 and at the back of the bunch - probably where I'd be!!

If I did it, I'd probably start with the sprint and see where it went.

Don't know if the Rother valley ones still on. Few years ago the organisers of triathlons started trying to get insurance outside the governing bodies. Saved 'em a few £ for a couple of years. Then the ins companies reassessed the entire thing and prices went through the roof. The guy who ran Rother valley said he had to pay a massive annual premium to run 2, 6 monthly events.

Top Bottom