I now wear glasses. I'm not impressed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Having worn glasses for about 55 years and then developing cataracts which required lens replacements, it was strange not having to wear glasses except for reading. As said upthread, it's called getting old.
Same with me. I've worn glasses since I was about 13 or 14 years old. Last year I had a cataract in one eye, so had surgery to fix it, then I had to visit the optician to get new glasses. The lady asked me if the other eye was ok... no double vision or anything? I said that there was some, so she tested that eye for double vision and said she was going to recommend me for surgery on that eye too. I got onto the cancellations list and was called a month later - so now I have no need to wear glasses (although I do for driving and to give UV protection in bright sunlight). Its great!

Both ops were organised by the optician, who set it up with the hospital.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have an astigmatisms. I’ve worn glasses since I was 17, that’s 26 years now.
But I only wear them for driving, cycling at night and the cinema. I can get by fine in all other circumstances.
My prescription hasn’t changed in all those years but I struggle to read LED signs at train stations, as I see two of everything.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have an astigmatisms. I’ve worn glasses since I was 17, that’s 26 years now.
But I only wear them for driving, cycling at night and the cinema. I can get by fine in all other circumstances.
My prescription hasn’t changed in all those years but I struggle to read LED signs at train stations, as I see two of everything.
How does it affect your view of car LED lights?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
For me glasses at 9 years old, contacts at 17, laser surgery at 22, and then last year reading glasses at 42. I only use the reading glasses at work where I spend all day on the computer, but I guess the time is coming where I will be joining everyone else in losing glasses around the home and work and often finding them perched in my head.

Top Bottom