I paid £1.11 for bit of liver today, it's.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Mmmmmm. I love liver

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
I don't think chickens liver is suitable for liver & bacon but is delicious if cooked chopped, finely chopped onion and a bit of garlic added, makes a great pate. Lovely on toast, inexpensive too.

I agree. An easy cheat is to use moistened Paxo sage and onion stuffing as well and then put it in a baking tin lined with streaky bacon and then fold the bacon over. Cover with foil and cook very slowly. Foil off and then crank up the heat for a bit of crispness on top. A cranberry topping would work well too.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Superlative bit of lamb's liver from Steve McCardle in Chirk - the best butcher in the world. Steve sliced it while I discussed cannon of lamb with his delightful wife. Sandra. As you will recall, this was the cut of meat used by Sven last night in Masterchef the Professionals to wow the judges. I fear it costs more than lamb's liver.

Miss his steak pies on my way to work in Glyn

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A small amount of chicken liver added to a bolognaise sauce is fabulous. I can't take pig's liver any more ever since being forced to eat it at school. The rubbery texture and giant veins made a lasting negative impression.
Lambs' liver fried in butter, oil , garlic and a dash of sherry is wonderful.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
For lunch I will be having mature cheddar and beetroot door steps. Cheaper and more nutritious than Patrick's cholesterol carcinogen ridden snack.

Here's a glass for your creme de menthe and tomato juice accompanying drink.

big055_wine_bottle_glass(1).jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Superlative bit of lamb's liver from Steve McCardle in Chirk - the best butcher in the world. Steve sliced it while I discussed cannon of lamb with his delightful wife. Sandra. As you will recall, this was the cut of meat used by Sven last night in Masterchef the Professionals to wow the judges. I fear it costs more than lamb's liver.
Patrick!! ... would\ve been better to have given a warning as I have recorded it to watch tonight. Aw well, it's not important.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have always loved liver and bacon with mash and cabbage. I only cook it for myself now as MrsP and the siblings won't touch it. I do prefer Lambs liver, flash fried to stop it going a bit tough, but the crumbly texture of calves liver has it's special appeal.:hungry:

Top Bottom