I paid £1.11 for bit of liver today, it's.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Liver and bacon.

Ignore the recipes - the bacon is done first to release the fat. Onions go in afterwards. No salt in the seasoned flour for the liver - English mustard and fresh pepper instead. There's a colour problem, so carrot strings in rich olive oil and Demerara sugar - but out like a flash. Soft potatoes. Sweetheart cabbage in light oil with a dash of water to braise. There needs to be some crunch. Remainder of seasoned flour and an oxo for the gravy. Very, very simple and sets me up for watching Masterchef the Professionals.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ive got heart burn reading that..souds tasty tho

I had rice ,chicken breast ,mixed salad , and a nice bit of organic french stick with a good helping of ceaser dressing....and cake.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Pig's, lamb's, chicken's or....... liver?

Superlative bit of lamb's liver from Steve McCardle in Chirk - the best butcher in the world. Steve sliced it while I discussed cannon of lamb with his delightful wife. Sandra. As you will recall, this was the cut of meat used by Sven last night in Masterchef the Professionals to wow the judges. I fear it costs more than lamb's liver.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Superlative bit of lamb's liver from Steve McCardle in Chirk - the best butcher in the world. Steve sliced it while I discussed cannon of lamb with his delightful wife. Sandra. As you will recall, this was the cut of meat used by Sven last night in Masterchef the Professionals to wow the judges.

That's the kind of thing that makes life worth living. Depending on the liver, of course.

andabby

Über Member
I like ox liver, stewed with plenty rich gravy, and nice creamy mash. Though cutting it ups best, all blood and lip smacking gore

Mrs M

Guru
Liver and bacon.

Ignore the recipes - the bacon is done first to release the fat. Onions go in afterwards. No salt in the seasoned flour for the liver - English mustard and fresh pepper instead. There's a colour problem, so carrot strings in rich olive oil and Demerara sugar - but out like a flash. Soft potatoes. Sweetheart cabbage in light oil with a dash of water to braise. There needs to be some crunch. Remainder of seasoned flour and an oxo for the gravy. Very, very simple and sets me up for watching Masterchef the Professionals.
Mr M would love this.
Laddie from Aberdeen on tonight.

Top Bottom