I phoned 101 and got a response within 15 minutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Knock on the door this morning from a neighbour.

"Have you seen your car?"

20180422_110250.jpg

Phoned police, here 15 minutes later, statement taken and bit of baseball bat inside the car removed as evidence.

First thought was I'd been targeted. Nothing stolen, extensive damage with a baseball bat and a guy was badly beaten up nearby last week with a baseball bat. Did someone think I was involved? Mistaken identity? However, as I was clearing up the broken glass another neighbour came out to say she'd seen two teenagers running away from the car when she looked out to see what the banging was. Somehow it's a relief to think that it's just mindless vandalism.

Anyway, good on the police for coming out so quickly.

Drago

Legendary Member
That's awful (the damage, not the plod) :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Opposite for me I'm afraid. This was some years ago.
5:30 AM we heard three guys running off with my bike and lawnmower etc. Looked out of window and recognised one of them.
Phone police........they arrived 20 minutes later. I told them who it was and described the others and police put names to them.
I said "if you go to his house now you will catch them"
They said............ "sorry but our shift finishes in 10 minutes....you will have to wait for the next shift".
Next shift arrived 30 minutes later by which time my goods had been passed down the line. The 3 guys went down for it but I never got my things back.

Drago

Legendary Member
Opposite for me I'm afraid. This was some years ago.
5:30 AM we heard three guys running off with my bike and lawnmower etc. Looked out of window and recognised one of them.
Phone police........they arrived 20 minutes later. I told them who it was and described the others and police put names to them.
I said "if you go to his house now you will catch them"
They said............ "sorry but our shift finishes in 10 minutes....you will have to wait for the next shift".
Next shift arrived 30 minutes later by which time my goods had been passed down the line. The 3 guys went down for it but I never got my things back.

That's bad. It's no consolation, but for a while finances were so tight forces weren't paying overtime. Unfortunately, that meant offenders who are fortunate enough to go at it close to shift changeover times sometimes got the benefit. No one was going to go chasing off after Johnny Scumbag, risking their own safety for zero pay. I've not had quite that scenario, but I've had things where something really did need doing and the Inspector wasn't authorising the overtime, so off I jolly well toddled.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Th
That's bad. It's no consolation, but for a while finances were so tight forces weren't paying overtime. Unfortunately, that meant offenders who are fortunate enough to go at it close to shift changeover times sometimes got the benefit. No one was going to go chasing off after Johnny Scumbag, risking their own safety for zero pay. I've not had quite that scenario, but I've had things where something really did need doing and the Inspector wasn't authorising the overtime, so off I jolly well toddled.
That was exactly what happened. The bobby said..." we dont get paid for overtime so we wont do it".
Have to say they have a point.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye. I wouldn't have let a murderer or someone escape for the sake of that, but beyond that...nah.

It's sad that we give overseas aid to Nigeria and Mali to fund policing projects there, while screwing policing budgets at home so tight they can't afford to pay bobbies to stay on a bit longer to catch a villain here.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5221650, member: 9609"]could it have been a local militant cycling group taking direct action against motorised transport? - you haven't been involved with any close passes lately ?
some of these cyclist are getting a bit out of control[/QUOTE]
I'd like to join or form such a group! No violence of course,but the first thing i'd like to do is stop motorists and teach them how to use their indicators.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
It'll be Corbyn and his hard left Trotskyist death squads !!

But seriously that's really rubbish thing to happen, I hope they get the scrotes responsible.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It'll be Corbyn and his hard left Trotskyist death squads !!

That was of course my first thought and I conveyed my suspicions to the authorities about Mrs Campbell 3 doors down. She's 82, wears a suspiciously Communisty-looking hat and her daughter has actually visited Moscow.

Top Bottom