I picked up my first ever RoadBike last night......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

y2blade

....after years of riding MTB's and BMX's.

1069427_276960535774981_801047681_n_zpseedf8fa0.jpg

First ride on her this morning, feels fast and light (compared to what I'm used to) and so so quiet on the road without the drone of knobblies.
I'm thrilled to bits.

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Sorry I kind'a spammed this around a bit....I'm all a bit excited. :hyper:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congrats, it's a great bike - but what a pity Spesh couldn't find a way to hide that brake cable inside the frame tube; they did with the Tricross. Get rid of the plastic disc and the reflectors and what are those tyres? You'll improve the ride and the feel of that bike immeasurably by fitting some Michelin Pro4s, especially if you're prepared to faff a bit with lightweight inners or even latex inners. Also check the angle of that saddle; it looks a bit canted forward to me. It should be flat or even a couple of degrees up at the nose.

Now if you want to read a good little story about growing roadie obsession, get hold of a copy of The Escape Artist by Matt Seaton; it will give you an insight into the subtlety and the lore of road cycling.

potsy

Rambler
nice first bike :thumbsup:

Audi driver eh mmmm ;)
Looks like an S4 estate to me :whistle:

Nice first bike, won't be dissappointed with that :thumbsup:

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Guys thanks for the welcome, I have been out tonight and have one minor issue!

I can't get on with these SPD pedals and special shoes at all, going to stick some regular pedals on her tomorrow.

Top Bottom