I pity you London cycists for the next couple of weeks...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Had my fastest commute ever. Just got under the 2 hours elapsed! Traffic was very light and I only had a few minutes wait for the Woolwich Ferry.
http://app.strava.com/activities/15834179#

stowie

Legendary Member
^^ lol that's ridiculous..

Quite so. Although I have thinking. As Dellzeq mentioned in another post, the top of the flyover has a superb view of the Olympic park. I think that you might even be able to see into parts of the open air arenas. I may take along a deckchair, some refreshments and binoculars and enjoy the Olympic spectacle from this vantage point inside the coned area.

stowie

Legendary Member
That's what I did,went inside the cones.Bottlenecks at Aldgate and there normally but it's not too bad.

Did you jink left at the end of the cones? This seems really dangerous because the traffic coming up from the roundabout is sometimes gunning it up the slip.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The news, from a foreign news channel, stated many Londoners had left the capital for the duration of the games therefore reducing the potential traffic problems.
Some are leaving just so they can rent out their house. Some summer short lets are over £20,000 a week!

Some are leaving just so they can rent out their house. Some summer short lets are over £20,000 a week!

A friend of mine wanted to rent out his flat in east London for the olympics and the agents told him they had a massive surpass of property so he will go on the bottom of a very long list and that it would be unlikely to be used.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Did you jink left at the end of the cones? This seems really dangerous because the traffic coming up from the roundabout is sometimes gunning it up the slip.

I found it difficult when it was gridlocked with all the traffic and other cyclists coming from everywhere.Difficult to cover all bases.I was more worried about the cyclists as the cars weren't moving that fast.Cyclists everywhere.<----(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

ThePenguin

Regular
I found it difficult when it was gridlocked with all the traffic and other cyclists coming from everywhere.Difficult to cover all bases.I was more worried about the cyclists as the cars weren't moving that fast.Cyclists everywhere.<----(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

I'm one of them. In honour of the event the office has finally made some space available for bikes and I am taking full advantage. First commute both ways yesterday - 18 very gentle miles each way. I'm rather obviously not the only novice commuter about.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I'm one of them. In honour of the event the office has finally made some space available for bikes and I am taking full advantage. First commute both ways yesterday - 18 very gentle miles each way. I'm rather obviously not the only novice commuter about.

Nice,rather have you (fnarr fnarr) than more damn cars.That's not novice 18 miles (ew) though,I only do half that.:whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There's still tumbleweed blowing down the main roads in Kensington. The swanky hotels are rumoured to be cutting their room rates from £450 to £100. ( That's from the BBC, so it must be true.)
A great time to be on a bike. September will seem a bit frantic.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
There's still tumbleweed blowing down the main roads in Kensington. The swanky hotels are rumoured to be cutting their room rates from £450 to £100. ( That's from the BBC, so it must be true.)
A great time to be on a bike. September will seem a bit frantic.

Agree,if it sees more bikes and less cars.:tongue:

Top Bottom