I rather like this .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tripster

Are you going to try a cheeky offer then?
I wouldn’t offer more than £100 but I doubt, regardless of worth, that’s acceptable. I am not particularly bothered it’s just an idea for something to fettle. I am away to much to have the time to renovate a motorbike or invest anything into it so a push iron is a nice little fettle for the time I am home. Not interested in making any cash, selling on, or if it’s liked/ disliked, just a personal thing

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
So you wouldn’t bother with this then ?

That's a decision only you can make .

My advice would be to try and aim for a bike made by a smaller brand name as you are hopefully going to get a much better quality of bike although there is nothing wrong with the more mass produced bikes like the Raleigh you have been looking at .

There are some bargains out there just keep looking would be my advice .

If you are considering having what ever you buy restored then it will get expensive , i prefer patina over new paint sparkle all day long :laugh:

If you were more local to Northamptonshire then i was going to say you are always welcome to have a wander round the biggs garage and try a few steel classics ^_^

OP
OP
T

Tripster

That's a decision only you can make .

My advice would be to try and aim for a bike made by a smaller brand name as you are hopefully going to get a much better quality of bike although there is nothing wrong with the more mass produced bikes like the Raleigh you have been looking at .

There are some bargains out there just keep looking would be my advice .

If you are considering having what ever you buy restored then it will get expensive , i prefer patina over new paint sparkle all day long :laugh:

If you were more local to Northamptonshire then i was going to say you are always welcome to have a wander round the biggs garage and try a few steel classics ^_^
I will take your advice definitely. Keep looking. I travel for work so If I am working local to you in the UK I will definitely get in touch. Thank you for the kind help and advice. Can you suggest smaller brands to keep a look out for ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Brands to keep a lookout for are hard to list all depends how far back in time you are looking for .
Some are no longer in business some are still trading but not building there own frames .
Names like Mercian , Bob Jackson , Woodrup , Hardisty and then many others it's all part of the fun and enjoyment of older bikes ^_^

Top Bottom