I Rode London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice data. What happened between to the elevation between mile 24 and 32? Did you fall into a underground line :smile:

Pitty the data's in imperial measurement though..........


It seemed to get confused after I walked under the Thames (using the Greenwich Foot Tunnel)

It's in imperial because I'm old (60) and don't understand Roman Catholic measurements
 
It seemed to get confused after I walked under the Thames (using the Greenwich Foot Tunnel)

It's in imperial because I'm old (60) and don't understand Roman Catholic measurements


Sir, I respectfully (and with tongue in cheek) refer you to rule 24. http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#24
 

Adam G

Veteran
Location
Nottingham
Boris bikes you're supposed to check tires etc. Can't check brakes until you're on it. If it's faulty then you can click a button on a parking bay and then get another.

As for KM and miles. I use KM when running, cycling etc but living in the UK I use miles for car. I think because sport is generally measured in km and m now I do that.
 

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I used to ride in London all the time when I was kid, but it was in black n white in those days. I rode a bit of it the other day on the FNRttC it was all a bit much.
 

GM

Squire
Well - I'm a pensioner and very vincible.

Well I never! I had you down as may be a 25 or 26 year old, how wrong can you be...

Another +1 for London Cycling.
 

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If I park the bike up within 30 minutes, it's free, right?
Should be able to do 1 mile within 30 minutes, right?... or do I need thighs like Chris Hoy to do that on a Boris Bike?

I like cycling in London, but for this journey it would be simpler to walk.
 

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Location
Somewhere flat
[QUOTE 2532098, member: 1314"]Remember when we cycled back from central London to the SW London 'burbs after a Fnrttc and about 10 pints of beer each![/quote]

Hehe - tbh, I think it was only about 7 beers a piece :whistle: Whitstable, if I recall...
 
OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Location
Over the Hill
[QUOTE 2532036, member: 1314"]I love cycling in London Twenters - I do about 4-5k miles a year through rush hour. When I have a day off I'll cycle into London for fun. It's green(ie), vibrant and safe.

Countryside is boring. Fields and cows and rabbits.[/quote]

Each to their own CofG. I love quiet scenic countryside. I'm learning to love the city riding. As for the 'burbs - I suspect they are the really boring bits.
 
Top Bottom