I rode one of the Lime e-bikes today and lived to tell the tale

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by wotsthat, 6 Jul 2019.

1. wotsthat

wotsthat Regular

Following this title, the gentleman continues to give a long winded review,
    "Why not buy yourself a bike" I have two and not using them anymore. Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle in practice. What if I decide to meet with friends and take the tube to somewhere together? What if it rains and, again, I use the public transport?
    then someone suggested a folding bike - to which>
    one of my bikes is a folding one. Small wheels = bumpy ride, wobbly foldable frame, plus I still need to care if I left it at home or at work... Going with Santanders was a well-thought-out choice. They win on general convenience.
    Not all folders ae created equal -
    And i still can't get over "Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle" when all you can too is moan about the alternatives - design a better one

2. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

Some people are just muppets. It's a wonder he isn't moaning that it's too much effort being expected to pedal a bike! He could always use those two things we are all born with called legs if other forms of transport don't meet his requirements.

wotsthat likes this.
  3. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

If this is the review on the London Cycling farce Berk group, I got the impression the reviewer was quite happy with the Santander bikes except that they don't cover outer London.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice