I rode one of the Lime e-bikes today and lived to tell the tale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wotsthat

Regular
Following this title, the gentleman continues to give a long winded review,
"Why not buy yourself a bike" I have two and not using them anymore. Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle in practice. What if I decide to meet with friends and take the tube to somewhere together? What if it rains and, again, I use the public transport?
then someone suggested a folding bike - to which>
one of my bikes is a folding one. Small wheels = bumpy ride, wobbly foldable frame, plus I still need to care if I left it at home or at work... Going with Santanders was a well-thought-out choice. They win on general convenience.
Not all folders ae created equal -
And i still can't get over "Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle" when all you can too is moan about the alternatives - design a better one

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Some people are just muppets. It's a wonder he isn't moaning that it's too much effort being expected to pedal a bike! He could always use those two things we are all born with called legs if other forms of transport don't meet his requirements.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If this is the review on the London Cycling farce Berk group, I got the impression the reviewer was quite happy with the Santander bikes except that they don't cover outer London.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Sometimes having to deal with a bike does limit flexibility. I used to have a Brompton which I would take when I travelled to Paris but I never used it after Velib' was introduced. No Eurostar luggage worries, no lugging it into a cafe, easier to change plans, easier to mix with using the Metro/ bus.

I use the bike share (Beryl) where I live quite a lot even though I have my own bikes, I like to park the bike and switch to being a pedestrian without needing to return to the same parking spot later (potentially I could continue to walk, or pick up another bike somewhere else). Parking can be a hassle in that it doesn't always fit what might be best for a particular journey.

For commuting having my own bike(s) is the only thing that works, but I can imagine it being otherwise if I lived, or worked, elsewhere.

Following this title, the gentleman continues to give a long winded review,
"Why not buy yourself a bike" I have two and not using them anymore. Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle in practice. What if I decide to meet with friends and take the tube to somewhere together? What if it rains and, again, I use the public transport? snaptube vidmate
then someone suggested a folding bike - to which>
one of my bikes is a folding one. Small wheels = bumpy ride, wobbly foldable frame, plus I still need to care if I left it at home or at work... Going with Santanders was a well-thought-out choice. They win on general convenience.
Not all folders ae created equal -
And i still can't get over "Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle" when all you can too is moan about the alternatives - design a better one
happy to hear about you doing well after that

Last edited:
Top Bottom