I rode one of the Lime e-bikes today and lived to tell the tale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wotsthat

Senior Member
Location
southwark
Following this title, the gentleman continues to give a long winded review,
"Why not buy yourself a bike" I have two and not using them anymore. Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle in practice. What if I decide to meet with friends and take the tube to somewhere together? What if it rains and, again, I use the public transport?
then someone suggested a folding bike - to which>
one of my bikes is a folding one. Small wheels = bumpy ride, wobbly foldable frame, plus I still need to care if I left it at home or at work... Going with Santanders was a well-thought-out choice. They win on general convenience.
Not all folders ae created equal -
And i still can't get over "Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle" when all you can too is moan about the alternatives - design a better one
 

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Location
London
Some people are just muppets. It's a wonder he isn't moaning that it's too much effort being expected to pedal a bike! He could always use those two things we are all born with called legs if other forms of transport don't meet his requirements.
 

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If this is the review on the London Cycling farce Berk group, I got the impression the reviewer was quite happy with the Santander bikes except that they don't cover outer London.
 

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Location
Watford
Sometimes having to deal with a bike does limit flexibility. I used to have a Brompton which I would take when I travelled to Paris but I never used it after Velib' was introduced. No Eurostar luggage worries, no lugging it into a cafe, easier to change plans, easier to mix with using the Metro/ bus.

I use the bike share (Beryl) where I live quite a lot even though I have my own bikes, I like to park the bike and switch to being a pedestrian without needing to return to the same parking spot later (potentially I could continue to walk, or pick up another bike somewhere else). Parking can be a hassle in that it doesn't always fit what might be best for a particular journey.

For commuting having my own bike(s) is the only thing that works, but I can imagine it being otherwise if I lived, or worked, elsewhere.
 

joe_fehrenhite

Active Member
Following this title, the gentleman continues to give a long winded review,
"Why not buy yourself a bike" I have two and not using them anymore. Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle in practice. What if I decide to meet with friends and take the tube to somewhere together? What if it rains and, again, I use the public transport? snaptube vidmate
then someone suggested a folding bike - to which>
one of my bikes is a folding one. Small wheels = bumpy ride, wobbly foldable frame, plus I still need to care if I left it at home or at work... Going with Santanders was a well-thought-out choice. They win on general convenience.
Not all folders ae created equal -
And i still can't get over "Parking and maintenance is too much of a hassle" when all you can too is moan about the alternatives - design a better one
happy to hear about you doing well after that
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom