I saw a Twizzy in the wild today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
On holiday in Franceland last year, I saw a few of these whizzing about, and I have to say they look like great fun. So much so that we had an imaginary one to get from one end of the holiday 'cottage' we were staying in to the other (in was a very long barn conversion).

Anyhow, I saw one in Sheffield today. Think it belongs to an estate agency. The one in the photo appears to be in Team Sky colours. I'd love one to nip to the shops in!

upload_2015-3-11_14-7-20.jpeg

ANT 666

Trying to re member
If an estate agent thinks that is a car just think how they would describe a house.

If an estate agent thinks that is a car just think how they would describe a house.
290 degree views, A92 energy rating, avant garde architecture, eye level steering wheel, central heating, built-in entertainment system, compact yet efficious*, mobile location, great bachelorette pad, easy storage, built-in glove compartment, emminently suitable for hairdressers, florists or similar. Completely off-grid.

* Brand new word, just made up.

Last edited:

DRHysted

Guru
There are a number of them available for hire in the New Forest. During the summer it's quite common to see them whizzing around. I feel sorry for the passenger though.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
[QUOTE 3583278, member: 259"]I still see a few BMW C1s about here. People like them as they don't need to wear a helmet and they're covered if it rains. I wouldn't fancy it myself though.

bmw-c1-125_key_6.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Seems just the thing for those whose other half tends to go on a bit...

Drago

Legendary Member
They do need to wear a helmet cos its a motorcycle. Someone contested it in court and won some years ago, but the court of appeal quickly over ruled. Ticketing C1 riders used to be one of my favourite tasks cos they all knew it but were trying it on.

Considered a Twizy myself, but rejected the idea as neither the range or the payload were sufficient for an SAR callout. Only one I've ever seen on the road was parked up in Gloucester. They devalue at a massive rate, so could be a good fun used toy.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
290 degree views, A92 energy rating, avant garde architecture, eye level steering wheel, central heating, built-in entertainment system, compact yet efficious*, mobile location, great bachelorette pad, easy storage, built-in glove compartment, imminently suitable for hairdressers, florists or similar. Completely off-grid.

* Brand new word, just made up.
:wahhey: Thanks for that. I just crossed off an entire line on my Bullsh!t Bingo card.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Highways contractors resurfacing the Saunton Road, outside my place, are using a Twizzy as a convoy vehicle to guide traffic through the roadworks.

Top Bottom