I saw The Queen - today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I've had tea at Betty's local emporium on many an occasion. She has a place just up the road from me. I'm very disappointed she's never served me a pot of tea herself. She charges enough for it in her caff. I cycle the miles over there, even in the pouring rain and she's not there herself. Bring on the republic! :evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
asterix said:
Yes, Queens only come in size 'small'. Queen Vic was the same. The Dook of Edinboro. visited my uni once and he's pint size as well. Things have never been the same after King Charles II who was the size of 2 kings, one on top of the other. That explains how he got up into the oak tree, of course.

<ahem>

I think you'll find it was Charles the Oneth what 'id up the tree, not Charles the Twoth...

I'm with Cathryn on the Queen as well. I know it's not a hard life she leads, but bloody hell, imagine having to meet all those people and shake their hands, and appear charmed by them all, all the time. And to carry on doing it in your eighties. I saw a programme on telly, and they showed a couple of the really nutty folk who go and see her everywhere she goes and they were giving her photos and saying "this was when I saw you in Cromer ma'am remember?" and she just kept smiling and nodding and saying "charming, thank you", when most of us would crack eventually and shout "F off and stop following me and trying to give me crummy photo albums!"

And then there's having to be nice to people like Tony Blair as they bugger up your country....

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Got this through the Royal Mail this morning.My husband and i wish to make it known.We enjoyed our time greatly,in the County of Yorkshire.We appreciate the wonderful things all my subjects undertake to make our visits a success.Philip and i greatly enjoyed seeing you at the Wharfe View Caffe.And greatly appreciate your standing up as we passed in the Land Rover.One does miss this now the cinemas have stopped the practise of standing to the anthem at the finish of the programme.Philip was inpressed with the ROYAL mail cycling jersey.We hope one did not spoil your riding by stopping the traffic.

Arch said:
<ahem>

I think you'll find it was Charles the Oneth what 'id up the tree, not Charles the Twoth...

I'm with Cathryn on the Queen as well. I know it's not a hard life she leads, but bloody hell, imagine having to meet all those people and shake their hands, and appear charmed by them all, all the time. And to carry on doing it in your eighties. I saw a programme on telly, and they showed a couple of the really nutty folk who go and see her everywhere she goes and they were giving her photos and saying "this was when I saw you in Cromer ma'am remember?" and she just kept smiling and nodding and saying "charming, thank you", when most of us would crack eventually and shout "F off and stop following me and trying to give me crummy photo albums!"

And then there's having to be nice to people like Tony Blair as they bugger up your country....

Ah! Mon Arch...queen of the post :becool:

Top Bottom