I spy a sterotype

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Disclaimer: Other car makes are available.
On a country lane, this afternoon, and approaching temporary traffic lights. (A twenty metre length of road has slipped into the ditch.) They turn green as I near. As I begin to go through, a car coming in the other direction barely slows as he pulls over to the grass verge on his side. I realise it is his intention to sneak through on red because, presumably, he thinks it's perfectly okay as this is a country road, it's not busy and, hey, I'm just a cyclist. I don't move from primary. He stops. He glares. I note the make of car. BMW.

yet it was a driver of a black BMW that was genuinely concerned about me yesterday when I came off my bike at a junction (no vehicles involved) and refused to leave until he had seen me back on my bike and cycling again...

Di Di

Hire car

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Don't feel too upset - I had one try to do this to me when I was driving the car, and that was a fully marked [white+ red/yellow chevrons the lot, motorway maintenance vehicle. The only good bit in my case was it was my company car and he really didn't stand a chance - made the idiot reverse all the way back.
The world is full of blind stupid arrogant people - just be ready to get out of their way and accept it, it's easier on the blood pressure.
Honestly, since I've modified my cycling to Primary when appropriate, my blood pressure has remained quite low - I let the other buggers get upset.

Top Bottom