I survived!

Discussion in 'Fixed Gear and Single Speed' started by tomb1960, 22 Sep 2007.

1. tomb1960

tomb1960 New Member

My Genesis Flyer now has a fixed sprocket. I've just ridden home from the bike shop in the middle of town. I didn't die, I remembered to relax, I remembered to keep pedalling, and I enjoyed myself! RESULT!

2. peejay78

peejay78 Well-Known Member

awesome.

it's not that hard is it?

3. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Keep at it!

We all come off once, it's a question of when, but make sure you get back on and it'll probably never happen again!

4. romans

romans New Member

Without exception everyone who rides a fixie enjoys and learns. I built up my first one from scratch and now building two more, one for the track and a fun one - can't think of an eye-catching paint job for it yet.

5. GrahamG

GrahamG Veteran

I always wanted the silver sparkle that Bob Jackson does as a refin option. Imagine it catching the sunlight and blinding people as you stealth your way past. People will think that you are some kind of cycling deity. :biggrin:

I'll keep my eye out in Brum for the Genesis, shouldn't be hard as there aren't many around and it's a very nice bike!

6. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Awesome!!! Of course you made it.

7. NickM

NickM Veteran

Hey, BentMikey, are you yet another recumbent rider who also rides fixed? xx(

I suppose it's down to our inbuilt coolness and sense of adventure :sad:

8. BentMikey

Yup, gotta Langster. xx(

9. bianco

bianco New Member

Hey Mikey, does anybody ride a fixed bent?

Also, I used to commute to college on my roller skates, found it rather fun actually, certainly gets you a lot fitter than cycling

10. Me too. Pics of both on this forum somewhere if you fossick about a bitl

11. BentMikey

This is the first one I've seen in a video. Not usually done because of the large speed range of bents:
    http://www.skatevideoslive.com/cycling-recumbent-hour-world-record-unfaired.html

Yeah, skating is pretty good exercise, it improves your cycling hill climbing no end, especially once you get into the savage intervals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice