I survived!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

My Genesis Flyer now has a fixed sprocket. I've just ridden home from the bike shop in the middle of town. I didn't die, I remembered to relax, I remembered to keep pedalling, and I enjoyed myself! RESULT!

peejay78

awesome.

it's not that hard is it?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Keep at it!

We all come off once, it's a question of when, but make sure you get back on and it'll probably never happen again!

romans

Without exception everyone who rides a fixie enjoys and learns. I built up my first one from scratch and now building two more, one for the track and a fun one - can't think of an eye-catching paint job for it yet.

GrahamG

Guru
romans said:
can't think of an eye-catching paint job for it yet.

I always wanted the silver sparkle that Bob Jackson does as a refin option. Imagine it catching the sunlight and blinding people as you stealth your way past. People will think that you are some kind of cycling deity. :biggrin:

I'll keep my eye out in Brum for the Genesis, shouldn't be hard as there aren't many around and it's a very nice bike!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
tomb1960 said:
My Genesis Flyer now has a fixed sprocket. I've just ridden home from the bike shop in the middle of town. I didn't die, I remembered to relax, I remembered to keep pedalling, and I enjoyed myself! RESULT!

Awesome!!! Of course you made it.

bianco

Hey Mikey, does anybody ride a fixed bent?

Also, I used to commute to college on my roller skates, found it rather fun actually, certainly gets you a lot fitter than cycling

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
bianco said:
Hey Mikey, does anybody ride a fixed bent?

Also, I used to commute to college on my roller skates, found it rather fun actually, certainly gets you a lot fitter than cycling

This is the first one I've seen in a video. Not usually done because of the large speed range of bents:
http://www.skatevideoslive.com/cycling-recumbent-hour-world-record-unfaired.html

Yeah, skating is pretty good exercise, it improves your cycling hill climbing no end, especially once you get into the savage intervals.

Top Bottom