I think I need a new Printer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
very light use, purely in the home – we can go a month or more without using it

Whatever you get, worth printing a test sheet every week or so.

Hopefully, that will remove the need for several head cleaning routines when you do come to use it.

postman

Legendary Member
10 years 15 years 20 years poo.My mother in laws dishwasher has lasted 65 years,his name is Gerrard and he is 91 in three weeks time.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
10 years 15 years 20 years poo.My mother in laws dishwasher has lasted 65 years,his name is Gerrard and he is 91 in three weeks time.
Ah but does she need a new printer ... :scratch:

... or is that where you come in: Secretary to the Aged Ones ? :thumbsup:

My Canon S900 is still soldiering on. Not looking forward to the day it goes to the electronic scrapheap in the sky. I keep it going with cloned ink cartridges of Amazon as I can no longer get the OEM ones.

This is the one with six individual cartridges (black, cyan, yellow, magenta, photo cyan and photo magenta). That's part of what swung it for me when I bought it as I could replace the individual colours as and when. Now I have to buy a whole set at a time, but as they only cost me £7, I'm not exactly complaining. I used to pay that per cartridge 20 years ago...

My scanner tho (Epson Perfection, has recently gone t*ts up. Anyone got any good ideas re a flatbed A4 scanner with a lightbox?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My scanner tho (Epson Perfection, has recently gone t*ts up. Anyone got any good ideas re a flatbed A4 scanner with a lightbox?
Unless, of course, you are scanning for particular purposes, why not take a picture with your phone then send it to the printer?
@Scoosh the Prixma TS3150 was around £30 from Curry a while back. It's perfectly adequate for light use.
I think the black ink is £15 on the Bay, can't remember for sure because I don't print much.
Going to the library for printing surely is the better option, I did this for years, till one of my jobs started to need printouts at a very short notice.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ink, down the internet? That's the work of the devil. :ohmy:

It is... and our printer did it. Pugged in, did registration, then by magic, a box appeared on our doorstep a few days later with a full set of ink. If the printer says replace, you do, then another cartridge arrives soon after, so you always have a spare set in stock. It's actually cheaper than using copies in my opinion now. I'm on the £3.99pm plan once the 9 months free is up) and TBH I spent more then that on copies. Once daughter is out, it will be £1.99 a month....

It is... and our printer did it. Pugged in, did registration, then by magic, a box appeared on our doorstep a few days later with a full set of ink. If the printer says replace, you do, then another cartridge arrives soon after, so you always have a spare set in stock. It's actually cheaper than using copies in my opinion now. I'm on the £3.99pm plan once the 9 months free is up) and TBH I spent more then that on copies. Once daughter is out, it will be £1.99 a month....

In a box? Haruumph. So it doesn't travel down the wireles- fi thing? That's just cheating.

They've probably improved, but I got rid because I used it so infrequently, the ink dried and the heads clogged, so it was no real use when I needed it. I doubt the machine would work that out.

Unless, of course, you are scanning for particular purposes, why not take a picture with your phone then send it to the printer?

My printer is too old to talk to any phone... :laugh:

I really do need a proper scanner - I don't think a phone is going to help me digitize this lot*... :whistle:

archive_01.jpg

*more material has been acquired since this photo was taken :blush:

Gunk

Guru
We bought an Epson EcoTank printer a couple of years ago and although the cost of printer was much more than a regular inkjet, it’s been brilliant. The ink costs are negligible as the bottles of ink seem to last for ever and a whole set off eBay is only about a tenner, we were spending about £40 a month on ink cartridges with our old printer.

alicat

Legendary Member
If you can't get your printer working, then HP instant ink is the way to go. 50 pages a month for £1.99. You can roll over some pages and increase the quantity as the need arises.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You really have to dump this obsession with ink. Laser printers are the way to go. Buy replacement toner cartridges from one of the many online generic suppliers rather than the printer manufacturer.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
We bought an Epson EcoTank printer a couple of years ago and although the cost of printer was much more than a regular inkjet, it’s been brilliant. The ink costs are negligible as the bottles of ink seem to last for ever and a whole set off eBay is only about a tenner, we were spending about £40 a month on ink cartridges with our old printer.
Yeap, I bought an Epson EcoTank ET-2710 Print/Scan/Copy Wi-Fi Ink Tank Printer a while back and I’ve still not had to refill the tanks yet - they just go on and on. I find the print quality very good too.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@Scoosh the Prixma TS3150 was around £30 from Curry a while back. It's perfectly adequate for light use.
I think the black ink is £15 on the Bay, can't remember for sure because I don't print much.
Going to the library for printing surely is the better option, I did this for years, till one of my jobs started to need printouts at a very short notice.
Thanks, @Pat "5mph" – that Canon is one I have been considering** (though mostly £40 these days)
We bought an Epson EcoTank printer a couple of years ago
Yes, the 'tank' printers look good ... at a price :rolleyes: – but I am highly unlikely to use it enough.
@Scoosh, is anything other than A4 sized paper used?
Mebbe's Aye, mebbe's Naw. If Aye, very infrequently.

Top Bottom