I think I shall have to admit ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
... that cycling is becoming a big thing in my life now :biggrin:

You have got me! I bought my first copy of cycling weekly today! :wacko: And think it might become a semi-regular thing.

Got my new bike this xmas and am now on the internet for last few hours looking at bike sites.

Does it ever stop?! :tongue:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[Roston Vasey mode/On]Ha Ha Ha....you're our bitch nowwww![Roston Vasey mode/Off]

There are worst addictions out there...err, I think. Welcome to the club!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I thought I could handle it too.
Steel, 531, aluminium (my Alan frame), 531 ST, Dynatech Ti, aluminium again and now I'm on to carbon.
And every time I try and get out they drag me back in.
I'm doomed , I tell you. Doomed.
And Mont Ventoux awaits.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Its the end as I see it. Bikes bikes bikes.

And so young too. Iv'e always loved TdF though, just now i watch it in more of a technical way then just for entertainment. How it changes!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I dont buy cycling weekly, i just read it in the papershop when i wait for the papers. I always had the thinking that i could save the money for something for my bike, or for a new bike.
C+ is mean because they put it in a wrapper so i have to buy that one if i wont to read something.
I cant wait till the exams are over so i can ride my bike in the day for however long i want because i have no more school. :tongue: Still dreaming of the day.

Dave5N

Über Member
Joe24 said:
I dont buy cycling weekly, i just read it in the papershop when i wait for the papers. I always had the thinking that i could save the money for something for my bike, or for a new bike.
C+ is mean because they put it in a wrapper so i have to buy that one if i wont to read something.
I cant wait till the exams are over so i can ride my bike in the day for however long i want because i have no more school. :ohmy: Still dreaming of the day.

Just read last year's equivalent month. The same articles come round and round.

trio25

Über Member
It's a slippery slope.....I'm just eyeing up a new bike. Well I NEED a summer road bike.

walker

trio25 said:
It's a slippery slope.....I'm just eyeing up a new bike. Well I NEED a summer road bike.

Kovu, take note. The word 'want' goes to 'Need' when you find out your the only one with just a single bike

SamNichols

My feelings about Cycling Weekly are pretty well documented, but I shall say it again. Cycling Weekly reads like a Parish Newsletter and shouldn't be read by anyone, let alone someone who is paying for it. It's very amateurish.
I prefer Cycle, the CTC magazine (which is surprisingly well-produced). Haven't bought C+ since last year.

Kovu, abandon hope now. About 5 years ago Mrs G and I were talked into spending about £300 each on an MTBin the LBS, rather than the £120 we planned on spending in Halfords. We were told, 'some people come back and spend £1000 on their next bike' 'We won't do that, £300 is a lot. We now have about £14,000 of bikes in the garage, and about to get 2 more, and God knows how much has been spent on clothing and accessories. It's not made easier that Mrs G likes cycling as much as me - yes she lets me spend the money, but she wants the same for her, so doubles the cost...

Top Bottom