1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I shall have to admit ...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kovu, 28 Dec 2007.

1. Kovu

Kovu Über Member

... that cycling is becoming a big thing in my life now :biggrin:

You have got me! I bought my first copy of cycling weekly today! :wacko: And think it might become a semi-regular thing.

Got my new bike this xmas and am now on the internet for last few hours looking at bike sites.

Does it ever stop?! :tongue:

2. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

[Roston Vasey mode/On]Ha Ha Ha....you're our bitch nowwww![Roston Vasey mode/Off]

There are worst addictions out there...err, I think. Welcome to the club!

3. Peter

Peter Senior Member

This is just the beginning - hope you have pots of cash available.

4. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Kovu... Escape committee meeting... 5:00AM... Will forward location at another time, security you know! :tongue: :wacko: :biggrin: :biggrin:

5. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

I thought I could handle it too.
    Steel, 531, aluminium (my Alan frame), 531 ST, Dynatech Ti, aluminium again and now I'm on to carbon.
    And every time I try and get out they drag me back in.
    I'm doomed , I tell you. Doomed.
    And Mont Ventoux awaits.

6. OP
    OP
    Kovu

Kovu Über Member

Its the end as I see it. Bikes bikes bikes.

And so young too. Iv'e always loved TdF though, just now i watch it in more of a technical way then just for entertainment. How it changes!

7. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I bought cycling weekly this week for the first time for ages. Usually just flick through it in Asda as there's never much in it.

8. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I dont buy cycling weekly, i just read it in the papershop when i wait for the papers. I always had the thinking that i could save the money for something for my bike, or for a new bike.
    C+ is mean because they put it in a wrapper so i have to buy that one if i wont to read something.
    I cant wait till the exams are over so i can ride my bike in the day for however long i want because i have no more school. :tongue: Still dreaming of the day.

9. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Just read last year's equivalent month. The same articles come round and round.

10. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

bicycle magazines = half a bike

11. trio25

trio25 Über Member

It's a slippery slope.....I'm just eyeing up a new bike. Well I NEED a summer road bike.

12. walker

walker New Member

Kovu, take note. The word 'want' goes to 'Need' when you find out your the only one with just a single bike

13. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

My feelings about Cycling Weekly are pretty well documented, but I shall say it again. Cycling Weekly reads like a Parish Newsletter and shouldn't be read by anyone, let alone someone who is paying for it. It's very amateurish.
    I prefer Cycle, the CTC magazine (which is surprisingly well-produced). Haven't bought C+ since last year.

14. Stick on a Giant

Stick on a Giant New Member

Kovu, abandon hope now. About 5 years ago Mrs G and I were talked into spending about £300 each on an MTBin the LBS, rather than the £120 we planned on spending in Halfords. We were told, 'some people come back and spend £1000 on their next bike' 'We won't do that, £300 is a lot. We now have about £14,000 of bikes in the garage, and about to get 2 more, and God knows how much has been spent on clothing and accessories. It's not made easier that Mrs G likes cycling as much as me - yes she lets me spend the money, but she wants the same for her, so doubles the cost...