I think I'm brewing on something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After Mondays ride when I ran out of power I decide just to spin on the turbo today.

I did but my HR was really low and I couldn't get going at all, never a good sign when my max HR is less than my normal average.

Feel tired and a bit hot now, Hope to get a good sleep and see which side of this I come out of tomorrow morning. Mile building had been going well ;)

you need cake.

hope you feel better soon.

longers

Legendary Member
Turn the computer off and have a good kip. Sleep is good when your body is fighting something.

Wearing fluffy socks to bed sometimes helps too.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Right I'm off. I'm too tired to question the fluffy socks logic Longers and Punky, your germs must be capable of travelling a long way unless it was you that sent the germ infested, carrot munching garden vandal of a horse the other day.

I have no cake Laurence, I shall settle for milk and biccies.

G'night.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Feel OK this morning but my back and knees ache. Some stretching and my hot blanket required I think and off the bike for the rest of the week until next Monday.

ChrisKH

Guru
Wise move. I'm stupid enough when this happens to me to wonder why I'm finding things so tough and then a few days later I come down with something grizzly. I should realise by now. Rest is best, good food, fruit, veg, etc. And TLC if there is a Mrs Crackle.

One of the benefits of using a HRM. Normally, if I can't get my HR up it means that I am absolutely dog tired and should stop doing stuff. If it shoots up really high it means I am sickening for something. Is that the same for everyone else?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Kirstie said:
One of the benefits of using a HRM. Normally, if I can't get my HR up it means that I am absolutely dog tired and should stop doing stuff. If it shoots up really high it means I am sickening for something. Is that the same for everyone else?

Yeah, pretty much. Sickening for something? You mean like food or water.

Plax

Guru
Crackle said:
I'm too tired to question the fluffy socks logic Longers

I second the fluffy socks. Your feet get nice and cosy, nothing worse than trying to sleep when your feet are like ice. When wearing fluffy socks though you need to also own a pair of flannel PJs with little fluffy bunnies or teddies on them.

Hope you feel better soon! A few days rest from the bike will hopefully help. I'm sending you some virtual chocolate too. Chocolate is the answer to all problems!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Kirstie said:
Naar like you're about to get a cold, or a virus or something...
My 'sickening for something' = your 'brewing on something'

In that case yes. Elevated resting HR is my clue for brewing on something but seeing as I don't take it very often.......:rolleyes: If it's high when I'm riding then that doesn't necessarily mean a lot, whereas low does.

That's why I was hopeful I'd feel OK but just tired today because it was a 'low warning'

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Thanks Plax. I've eaten the chocolate but I'll pass on the socks and jammies because I don't get cold feet in bed, in fact you could heat the central heating off me when I'm under the duvet and jammies I don't use, they just end up in a tangle :rolleyes:

Crackle said:
In that case yes. Elevated resting HR is my clue for brewing on something but seeing as I don't take it very often.......:rolleyes: If it's high when I'm riding then that doesn't necessarily mean a lot, whereas low does.

That's why I was hopeful I'd feel OK but just tired today because it was a 'low warning'

Yeah I see. Faster RHR means that to me too. Sometimes though its the rate at which it climbs and then doesn't fall again when cycling (ie when it normally should have settled), which also rings alarm bells regarding viruses etc. When it won't rise at all I'm just knackered.

Top Bottom