I think I'm brewing on something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

Kirstie said:
Yeah I see. Faster RHR means that to me too. Sometimes though its the rate at which it climbs and then doesn't fall again when cycling (ie when it normally should have settled), which also rings alarm bells regarding viruses etc. When it won't rise at all I'm just knackered.

Ah, that's interesting. Could be the same for me but I hadn't noticed, though if I look back in my logs I might see it. I know with cycling my HR falls back after 20 minutes, whereas running I tend to get a bit of cardiac drift, especially if it's hot. Bizzarely I've done some of my best rides/runs just prior to getting a cold, what's that about.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Crackle said:
Ah, that's interesting. Could be the same for me but I hadn't noticed, though if I look back in my logs I might see it. I know with cycling my HR falls back after 20 minutes, whereas running I tend to get a bit of cardiac drift, especially if it's hot. Bizzarely I've done some of my best rides/runs just prior to getting a cold, what's that about.

Probably pushed yourself and reduced your ability to fight infection.

I've just done something similar. I was fairly tired from last week's extra miles so I went for a gentle ride of twiddling - which would have been OK. BUT got caught in a very cold downpour so felt I had to give it some welly to keep warm and get out of the nasty weather quickly. Result - Headache/sore throat and feeling crap and possibly worst of all - missing my usual Thursday ride. Perhaps I should get an HRM.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Seems a while since I posted this but it's about the time I've been off the bike.

Into the 4th week off now. All plans abandoned. Not a bad virus, just can't shake it. Same thing happened last year as well about this time. Fed up and feel like kicking cycling into touch for a bit. Might do some running and walking when I feel better.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

walker said:
are you suffering from seasonal disorder?

No don't think so, just an unlucky co-incidence. I also did my back in, which has only just stopped hurting, not helped by struggling with Sprinter wheels. It happens.

I'll see how I go this week but I don't think I've got the miles in my legs now to aim for the targets I had in mind in May and June. July's out due to kids summer hols, so maybe I'll try again in August.

In the meantime I fancy doing some walking and finally getting into some kind of Pilates/stretching type thing to loosen me up. Too much time at a desk :rolleyes:

Top Bottom